VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: OLD! post, scroll down for new progress! Much older and at least focused. I'm working on it again below. Cams, MKIV HG, Purple Samcos, suspension refresh, Peloquin. I will work on organizing and finding all the old photos

I found a SLC 300 miles away and jumped into action.
150k miles... doesn't run... but i've still loved every second with this car.
Its a '93 SLC as stated above, doesnt run due to timing the PO says. It's got neuspeed front strut and stress bars and neuspeed springs with koni shocks and struts in the hatch.
:thumb up:

It also came with a set of Borbet Type C's 16x7.5 if anyone is interested.
I'm so happy to be a Corrado owner. :banghead::thumbup::D

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
Re: The Grand Introduction of... (BrownSoda)

Quote, originally posted by BrownSoda »
I'm so happy to be a Corrado owner.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

there really is nothing else like it
Looks great!

·
Registered
13,176 Posts
Re: (VanCity Corrado)

thats the craziest fog light set up ever!!!
haha jk

Looks like you have enough pars for a vr lying around, body doesn't look to shabby either.

Welcome and enjoy. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Re: (BrownSoda)

I guess your sig says it all
"Rather push a VW than drive a Honda"

I just got my first Corrado.....but it runs

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
back from the dead, we've begun working on it again, really going to push to get it done by May 23rd, the day I get my license back.

First, A kitty sidekick.

Cleaned the rear mount

The motor the way it's been sitting for the last 4 years.

Many Many kitty tracks, the cats love it already.

Parts waiting to go on the Corrado

Cleanin' parts

Empty bay, mouse poops and nest material.

Motor

Is there a good way to restick the stock headliner for a bit of a temporary? I don't feel like pulling it this summer.

the whole thing sags.

Getting stuff done

We got the top cover on too, waiting on valve cover gasket and we'll get the motor together.

Have to figure out putting transmission together again and shimming the LSD, any knowledge on that would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Thanks

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, some questions.

What is this and what does it do? is it necessary for the Corrado? I have this sensor marked in the corrado parts and want to make sure I put the right one on.

I've got that and a normal 1.2-1.6 bar sensor.

Lookin' like a motor, valve cover just there to protect from dirt now. Gasket coming soon.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thought you guys might like to see a bit of the work area, and I'd like to show it off :p

25'x38' I think, I can get the exact size of the place, but my dad built a new garage with PLENTY of room:thumbup:

As far as progress goes, I got the flywheel on and torqued, but with one wrench on the front of the motor and one on the flywheel bolts, my ass weighing down the front and trying to get the last 1/4 turn, I couldn't quite manage that, so I'll recruit pops for the final 1/4 turn on the flywheel bolts.

Eurospec LW flywheel, excited to see how she revs:cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Alright, some questions.

What is this and what does it do? is it necessary for the Corrado? I have this sensor marked in the corrado parts and want to make sure I put the right one on.

I've got that and a normal 1.2-1.6 bar sensor.

Lookin' like a motor, valve cover just there to protect from dirt now. Gasket coming soon.
Well the first pic is for the guadges that are on the middle of the dashboard the Voltmeter and the OilMeter

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clutch ON

Valve Cover Gasket, Arrived!

Can anyone verify the seal on top of the valve cover seal is the front main seal? Seems tiny, and I haven't gotten down to it yet.

Shift Knob install, how's this look? The large washer is to cover the weird/ugly top of the shift boot, any ideas would be good, I'm not sold on it.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
valve cover on, put the oil cap on for old times sake.

Stopped at the 2 studs coming from the cam/chain cover, they are longer and look like something more than just a nut was there.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Started putting the Samcos on with the other kitty helping out

But stopped because the samcos are just a big bigger and reusing the stock hose clamps is a huge PITA

Thanks for lookin'

1 - 20 of 104 Posts