VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

501 - 520 of 685 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Re: (gti250hp)

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's sort of back!
What you don't understand gti250hp (BJ) is some of us are true fans of the greenbean. So, make time to finish it. DON'T GIVE ME EXCUSES SOLDIER!! Now the question is, are you a finisher or what? Me, I fall in the or what catergory, so give me some inspiration, brotha. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Re: (jamaicula)

ok ok... so here's the deal. I finished school and took a job as an engineer for a construction company in Oklahoma. So of course, I had to find a place and A SHOP for the bean. I've got it all sorted out, so I made a road trip back to my home town to get the car from my parents garage. Here a few pics I took halfway home while checking the straps... and so you guys can see I haven't scrapped or sold the b!tch yet!
it's wrenching time...

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #504
Re: (EternalXresT)

Quote, originally posted by EternalXresT »
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif !

ha, I was just checking out your thread too... good to see you're back at it! We both have a lot of work and beers to drink to stay sane!

·
Registered
2,845 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gti250hp »

ha, I was just checking out your thread too... good to see you're back at it! We both have a lot of work and beers to drink to stay sane!

haha you got that right. But im just going to have fun with it and enjoy building my own car. Glad to see this is gonna get some work goin again http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Re: (detvw)

Quote, originally posted by detvw »
Wow this has been dead for a whole. Congrats on graduation and landing a proper job. Now get to work;)

Yeah, what he said.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
Re: (Mk-2)

hey, thanks for the support guys... I'm just so out of the scene right now it's taking me a while to get back in. And when I left off I was in the middle of doing wiring... now I can't remember sh!t about it.
Here's my question. I was just going to half ass it and keep the CE wiring in it since I'm keeping the 16v and management in it and then just try and cut/splice plugs from the mk3 wiring harness I have also to make my mk3 dash swap work. Would it be better to just start over with a CE2 harness for the dash and then what do I have to do to make it work with my CIS 16v? I can't remember crap... thanks in advance

·
Registered
17,596 Posts

I want to know how you got that car onto that trailer as is.
Please inform us!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #512
Re: (GTi2OV)

Quote, originally posted by GTi2OV »
I want to know how you got that car onto that trailer as is.
Please inform us!!

Good thing the garage it was in has a steep drive so I just left the trailer in the street, put down the ramps and it was a straight shot on!
I started organizing all my sh!t so I can find where things are more easily. I've got all sorts of bolts and screws all thrown together so I'm trying to get them baggy'd since I didn't do it the first time around. Just thought I'd take some pics of the greenbean in it's new happy shop.

Disregard all the tractor parts... my dad is an Allis Chalmers nut and rebuilds them on the other side of the blue tarp.

Last time it will be slammed out this low until it's done... it's killing my back so I jacked her up last night!

and finally, something's not right about my motor mount. I know i'm missing some brackets or something for this tranny mount. Anyone have a picture until I can unpack my Bentley. Thanks and more to come!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: (eduardopepe)

One hell of a dope color!!! Good to see that you are starting working on it as i read that you've been offline for some time http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Keep up the nice work mate

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

Quote, originally posted by gti250hp »

Good thing the garage it was in has a steep drive so I just left the trailer in the street, put down the ramps and it was a straight shot on!
I started organizing all my sh!t so I can find where things are more easily. I've got all sorts of bolts and screws all thrown together so I'm trying to get them baggy'd since I didn't do it the first time around. Just thought I'd take some pics of the greenbean in it's new happy shop.

Disregard all the tractor parts... my dad is an Allis Chalmers nut and rebuilds them on the other side of the blue tarp.

Last time it will be slammed out this low until it's done... it's killing my back so I jacked her up last night!

and finally, something's not right about my motor mount. I know i'm missing some brackets or something for this tranny mount. Anyone have a picture until I can unpack my Bentley. Thanks and more to come!

I can lend you my bass for a photo shoot when your done

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Re: (freeze plug)

Quote, originally posted by freeze plug »
jesus christ....this morning this car popped into my head. i log on here and low and behold....coincedence or what?

No such thing as coincidence. All things happen for a reason (sometimes we just don't know why).

501 - 520 of 685 Posts