VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
The Subaru Thread v2.0:thumbup:

I'm thinking about doing the 1" spacer lift on my Outback. I just want to make sure that it isn't going to **** with my CV joints too much.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW!
This cars look so great!! I really loved the 1st car at the top!!
Me too, that is what im aiming for with my new syncro...

Only passat I have seen with a proper ride height!

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks I just put on the tires. They are General Grabbers AT2 27x8.5R14. I never measured it stock but I'd bet 4-5" lift.
Those are what I want to run, have you had many miles on them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Those are what I want to run, have you had many miles on them?
I only have about 1000 on them. They shake every now and then, but the tire balancer at work kinda sucks and I didn't want any wheel weights on the outside of the wheels so thats probably not the tires fault. They do make some noise, but are not that noisey for what they are. They rub on the front of my car tho when I hit bumps, but thats all to be expected when doing stuff to a little wagon.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I assume Vedran told you about what we were doing on Thursday and Friday? I think you'll like it. I'll have to go find something to park on so I can get pictures. It really isn't that high but I think I doubled my ground clearance. The next step is to figure out how to get more clearance out of the rear wheel bearing carrier so I can fit Yokohama Geolander AT/S's on there in a 215/60-16. :D

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha yup! we were talking about you last night actually and how lifted cars are so much cooler! Obviously i'm planning no similar moves :laugh: We will have to catch up this winter, ill be heading up to baker a few times at least, and most noteable for SplitFest in march :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'll try to make it to Splitfest too, I just finished putting together a T.Rice 164.5 with Karakorams and BD Ascension skins. I can't wait to get out on it and that's half the reason that I wanted to lift the Poowagen.

If I had been a week earlier with the wagen I would have headed for the mountains on Saturday with the split.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts