VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...my in dash light bulb is burnt. the one that lights up the fan control panel ( warm/cool, air mixer etc). Yet i have no idea what kind of bulb it is and its got nothing written on it....
Anyone know the PN? where to buy? etc? please and thank you

Modified by Golfmk3_18 at 10:49 PM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Re: the little light bulb in the control panel...what is it? (Golfmk3_18)

you either have to replace the whole panel or vw actually makes a replacement bulb with a plug on the back that requires a little cutting to get the old one out.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: the little light bulb in the control panel...what is it? (ABA Jetta II)

Quote, originally posted by ABA Jetta II »
you either have to replace the whole panel or vw actually makes a replacement bulb with a plug on the back that requires a little cutting to get the old one out.

really? cuz i got the old one out quite easily, it was just snapped in there...looks like this:

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Golfmk3_18 »
bump...anyone ever change this bulb?

yes. There are green and clear ones make sure you get the right color depending on your panel type

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (ReStoring)

Quote, originally posted by ReStoring »
bring to any autoparts store I'd bet they have it.

yea tried 2 already nobody has it, which is why i would like a part number or info before ordering a bulb on internet which will most likely not be the correct one

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

Your local VW dealer should have them. They're called peanuts. The bulb comes out of the white holder. If your local dont have them, try a Volve dealer, they are the same that they use http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (ReStoring)

Quote, originally posted by ReStoring »
bring to any autoparts store I'd bet they have it.

yea tried 2 already nobody has it, which is why i would like a part number or info before ordering a bulb on internet which will most likely not be the correct one

·
Banned
3,303 Posts
Re: (Jman5000)

How much are these at the dealer?
I paid $1.59 for a bulb at radio shack which is not a direct swap and I ended up cracking off that tab that holds the plate to the dash
while forcing it back together. It does light it all up nice though. Radio Shack# 272-1141
I should've just gotten the smaller ones that are 2 for the same price since I now need one for my headlight leveler switch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.