VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
321 - 340 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
sorry for the hiatus. here’s some picture dumping.

the ACS has a small incident involving a dump truck

dealt with some snow here and there.

had some different sets of OEM wheels from ariettas to the current bbs madras from a W8 passat

recently I had a spot of de ja vu. blew up another trans ::eyeroll::

next post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 · (Edited)
The Little VR that Could. Approaching 1/4 Million

got a new clutch plate. while installing the pressure plate on the flywheel which was fine. found out the last bolt hole was stripped. time for a new flywheel too.

while i was installing my Korwerks imported VR5 trans I swapped out all of my old worn mounts for stock new ones.

swapped out my old dry fuel lines also for this NOS set i’ve been hoarding for. 7-8 years. ish.

while this was all happening. my new daily was traded in at work. 2008 Rabbit. 185k miles. perfect for the set of Neuspeed wheels i’ve been sitting on for a year or 2. it’s all a blur at this point

let’s me take some time to really make this car what it deserves to be. btw. I looked here. I bagged this at 246k. and we crossed 350k!!!!!!!

new headlight bulbs from mike over at VX tuning. check the next post for my review!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
so not a lot has gone on except for accumulating parts for 2021 since 2020 is cancelled.

on to the picture dump.

NOS votex hatch spoiler sent to paint.

got my front bumper resprayed and it’ll be clear protection film covered to protect against rocks and debris and fitted my FK vents and send them to paint also.

all R32 front suspension bits. steering rack. LCA ball joints. knuckles. etc with new bearings and hubs to match.

new interior bits. Large style late Glovebox.
New kick panel plastics.
new center console and shift surround
visors. overhead console cover and new front emblem for the grill that’s at paint.

new GPS hockey puck antenna and roof edge moldings brand new to complete the roof items.

Finally found and purchased a replacement ACS type 1.

also picked up a CSH sectioned and raised subframe thanks to carl.

i’ll update more as pieces come back from paint etc etc.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Happy Mean Girls Day. (October 3rd)

quick update on some new items that ended up in my possession

Dark Pacific Trim.

Houndstooth Tweed Fabric for a later use

more images of the Trim. you can really see the brushed look here.

Oh and a NOS VR6 Logo to go with my New GTI logo.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
I've got a question for you about this Sunroof Control Trim piece! Is this a direct fit replacement for the one found on our MK4 GTI Golfs?

My mechanic was screwing around with the dial and popped it out of place and thing is toast!
no there are plug modifications that do need to be made.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #334 ·
got some carpet samples in today. so far up in the air on what to do. and input would be great!

also got a black seatbelt buckle. since it’s the only part of the interior that hasn’t been converted

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
got some more parts back from paint.

and assembled my bumper fully

found my unicorn 7.5” barrel that is made of unobtanium apparently. thanks canadian ebay

snagged another spare set of center consoles sections before an unnamed parts whore clears them all out.

stopped by Espos to drop off the multi toned ACS.

totally not digging this look. but it’s nice to see 4 of them.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #339 ·
Are these being clearanced out? I wouldn't mind replacing mine with some brand new piece if so.. same with the lower dash and clamshell pieces.
not on clearance. but I can check prices for ya. shipping west may be the expensive part. I think one half of the clam shell went obsolete tho.

321 - 340 of 362 Posts