VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
341 - 360 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
Mojave Beige Metallic 2001 GTi
5,762 Posts
if you’d be willing to part with the console, you may have a buyer!
Urotuning has the front half of the center console, black or gray. They're discounted too right now, I recently got one and finally got around to installing it. My original one was almost in 2 pieces 😂

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
Urotuning has the front half of the center console, black or gray. They're discounted too right now, I recently got one and finally got around to installing it. My original one was almost in 2 pieces
they’re not discontinued in the least bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
12,797 Posts
north of the border gifts from Chris.
got a bag to store my roof racks in

I didn't know this was a thing either..... funny that after 7mos I caved and bought the soft touch I was jealous about haha. looking forward to this radio...

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
radio and climatronic color update thanks to the magician Matt Litke

also got my brand new obsolete GTI grill emblem
i’m bringing back the name plates

also prototyped one of the coin tray arm wrest deletes. see how these go

I

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
recently moved to a new condo and did some relocation of parts and i’m working on an inventory to see what I want and what i don’t want.

did something cool with an obscure VW crank case

check it out

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
If there is some crazy chance you have (or can get) an upper and lower steering column cover, i'll be your best friend.

Loving the W8 coffee table.
upper is readily available. the lower is obsolete from VW. I have my own set I am not parting with.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Loving the posters and the Table.

What did you use to connect/secure the rods to the block? Did you weld it or Glue? I purchased a blown Audi V6 diesel block (headgasket blew and piston melted) with the idea to turn it into a table!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Loving the posters and the Table.

What did you use to connect/secure the rods to the block? Did you weld it or Glue? I purchased a blown Audi V6 diesel block (headgasket blew and piston melted) with the idea to turn it into a table!
drilled and tapped the rods to the same thread as the head bolts. then used an AAN timing tensioner stud that worked.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
Those wheels look really nice. Mind if I ask roughly how much it cost to get that done?
i had to pay extra to have the 27 year old barrels ground down to clean. so all in all 980.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts