VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
13,430 Posts
I liked it.

I wish they dumped the whole season to binge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I loved it. My kids did too. My son was dancing around about the little friend at the end.

One thing that was a bit disappointing was the Disney+ programming offers. I was expecting Escape From Witch Mountain, Fantasia, Fraggle Rick, etc. maybe things will get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
This is more of a general Disney+ question.

Am I blind or is there not a "Continue Watching" category on the main page? Also, if I click Watch at the top of a series, it plays the first episode every time, instead of the episode I left off on.

**Edit**

I finally watched it. I liked it overall, but I think it suffers from the same problem Solo did. They basically took a plot line that has been used many times and set it in the SW universe. I was kinda hoping for something more original. Time will tell if it gets much better though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I liked it overall, but I think it suffers from the same problem Solo did. They basically took a plot line that has been used many times and set it in the SW universe. I was kinda hoping for something more original.
To be fair, even the movie that started it all - A New Hope - was based on a character arc that has been used repeatedly in literary and Hollywood storytelling.

I don't really mind that many of the plot lines have been seen before in other contexts, and in fact seeing these stories told in the SW universe is exactly what makes it feel fresh to me.

As for The Mandolorian, I am loving it so far. Just finished Chapter 2 and really enjoyed it. I know this was somewhat of a 'side-quest' that probably has little impact on the larger story arc (except for the one scene with 'the child' and the horned beast thing - that was a bit predictable but awesome nonetheless!), but it was a lot of fun to watch. Also just loving the musical score, and the artwork during the credits is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,836 Posts

Am I blind or is there not a "Continue Watching" category on the main page? Also, if I click Watch at the top of a series, it plays the first episode every time, instead of the episode I left off on.
Yeah, they need to fix that. Netflix is really smart in this way, Disney+ needs to do the same.

Looking forward to watching Ep2 tonight.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Yeah, they need to fix that. Netflix is really smart in this way, Disney+ needs to do the same.

Looking forward to watching Ep2 tonight.
yeah I noticed that missing too.... I'm guessing they'll add it at some point.

The one this I notice is the stuff I add to my watch list on one device isn't showing up on another device.

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
I thought both chp. 1 & 2 were solid. But something's got to give with the voice acting. If you're not going to show a character's face, the acting and inflection had better be excellent.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

Disney+ could definitely do with a few tweaks!! I get random errors, the "resume" option shows up when it feels like it etc.

My biggest headache with it currently is that I cannot figure out how to login to ESPN+ signed up for the bundle since we already have Hulu, but anytime I try to login to ESPN+ using the Disney+ login it tells me I don't have an account and I don't want to sign up for a new account using ESPN+ in case it decides to charge me for both the bundle as well as the ESPN+ sub.

Edit: Just tried again and it finally worked, tried to sign up using the same email and it told me I already have an ESPN+ subscription, tried to login and it finally worked. All weekend long it kept telling me I did not have an account.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,836 Posts
I thought both chp. 1 & 2 were solid. But something's got to give with the voice acting. If you're not going to show a character's face, the acting and inflection had better be excellent.
I think Pedro Pascal (Narcos, Game of Thrones) is too high profile to hide behind a helmet forever.

I suspect that eps 1 and 2 were a split single ep (given how short they were). Hoping the rest are a full 60 minutes each.

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
I think Pedro Pascal (Narcos, Game of Thrones) is too high profile to hide behind a helmet forever.
Should have gone to a no-name actor. Plenty of awesome actors out there who do voice-only work.

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
I think he's done a great job of acting with body language. Subtle movements and tilts of the head, but enough you know how he's feeling. :thumbup:
Yeah, I'd agree Mandalorians aren't excessive gesticulators and frown upon the use of jazz hands :laugh: But use, the subtle body movements are good. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 144 Posts