VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
How did the ep look to you guys? I watched it at a buddy's house and his TV makes everything look fake (he doesn't see it, I can't unsee it), so I think it took me out of any visual enjoyment. I'll rewatch on my tv soon (it's older, but doesn't have this soap opera effect).

I suspect that last character is the reason for the whole thing as well, and I assume it's (spoiler)--> .
Epsiode looked good to me although a bit dark on the Fennec Shand scenes.

Yikes, i would've had to grab the remote and turn off the motion smoothing. IDK how people watch movies with that on. The only thing it helps with is getting rid of 24p panning judder on my OLED but other than that it makes everything look horrible.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,836 Posts
Epsiode looked good to me although a bit dark on the Fennec Shand scenes.

Yikes, i would've had to grab the remote and turn off the motion smoothing. IDK how people watch movies with that on. The only thing it helps with is getting rid of 24p panning judder on my OLED but other than that it makes everything look horrible.
Yup, it's maddening. I watched an ep of GOT with him once and it looked like a Doctor Who from the '70s. :D

·
Senior Sloth
2,679 Posts
Ep.6 was good.

Had to look it up, but I suspected the big red fella was Clancy Brown.
Loved seeing the X-wings at the end. :)
Awesome episode. Bill Burr's delivery is fantastic (especially the Gungan reference :laugh:). Mr. Krabs was great, and I enjoyed seeing Bobby from Sons of Anarchy. :thumbup:

But OMG, I gasped when Baby Yoda was dropped on the floor :eek::(

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Awesome episode. Bill Burr's delivery is fantastic (especially the Gungan reference :laugh:). Mr. Krabs was great, and I enjoyed seeing Bobby from Sons of Anarchy. :thumbup:

But OMG, I gasped when Baby Yoda was dropped on the floor :eek::(
Thought experiment: every character in the prequels is written, directed, and acted as well as Bill Burr's Mayfeld

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
This show seems to be lost. What is the plot again? It's becoming a "Crime of the week" type of show. Some of the last two episodes were ok, but overall they were pretty painful to watch. I want to know what is going on with the overall plot, what is going on with the "buyer" and the doctor guy. Are they hunting down Mando, are they working with a larger more sinister character?

·
Registered
16,239 Posts
Episode 8, the last of the season, is out today. Looking at IMDB, it has Gina Carano in it so we get bad acting. The reviews of the episode are really good so I guess a good director can overcome a zero talent actress. I'll have to watch it later today.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Ugh, I low-key hated Ep. 8

Will save my rant until everyone has seen it though.

Unpopular opinion: the best Star Wars to come out in 2019 is Jedi Fallen Order, and it's not close.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
I enjoyed ep.8

Good fight scenes.
Stormtroopers still can't hit the broad side of a barn.
The droid saves the day.

Looking forward to Season 2

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Saw it this morning. There's one thing that should have been done differently and I wouldn't have any complaints

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,248 Posts
Was initially disappointed with ep8 but then realized that's because I'm spoiled by the grand sweeping nature of the big screen movies. By comparison the big bad e-web blaster or a single TIE fighter as a 'final boss' seem weak vs a movie with a 1,000 strong sith fleet. But again, the perception may be because I can't help but place Mandalorian alongside bigger budget works.

61 - 80 of 144 Posts