VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Episode 8, the last of the season, is out today. Looking at IMDB, it has Gina Carano in it so we get bad acting. The reviews of the episode are really good so I guess a good director can overcome a zero talent actress. I'll have to watch it later today.
She is lightyears ahead of Carl Weathers. I really hope he does not have a major role next season. I also hope they can stick to a continuous story line and tell it from multiple perspectives.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
It's not the actors, it's these awful, pulpy, campy scripts.

They put poor Giancarlo out there -- fricking GREAT actor that he is -- and even he couldn't manage to not look & sound stiff delivering his paragraphs-long exposition dump.

I mean, of course, it's Star Wars, but FFS can't anybody besides Kasdan seem to crack the puzzle of writing dialog for this franchise? I mean, the prequels were 20 years ago :D

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
She is lightyears ahead of Carl Weathers. I really hope he does not have a major role next season. I also hope they can stick to a continuous story line and tell it from multiple perspectives.
It's not the actors, it's these awful, pulpy, campy scripts.

They put poor Giancarlo out there -- fricking GREAT actor that he is -- and even he couldn't manage to not look & sound stiff delivering his paragraphs-long exposition dump.

I mean, of course, it's Star Wars, but FFS can't anybody besides Kasdan seem to crack the puzzle of writing dialog for this franchise? I mean, the prequels were 20 years ago :D

This is the way

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,864 Posts
Pretty good review. Points out some of the weaker eps but overall the generally excellent show that Mando S1 was.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,034 Posts
Eh... I like the show. I think I know what Favreau is doing; mashing up a lot of genres and influences. We've got everything from Wolf and Cub to Sergio Leone to The A-Team style Adventure of the Week format. Yeah, there were a couple of weak eps (krill farmers), and maybe Gina Carrano can't act, but I like big-legged women and having her pin me to the mat wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Carl Weathers is great! I kept wanting him to say, "A few potatoes, a few vegetables... Baby, you've got a soup!".

BTW, the two storm troopers at the beginning were Jason Sudakis and Adam Pally. :D

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
So that's genius.

"The good. The bad. The Ugnaught."

·
Chili Bigot
20,034 Posts
I want to rewatch the whole season but in that style.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I want to rewatch the whole season but in that style.
watch on a laptop or computer and desaturate the monitor and use a s**ty mono speaker from 1995. that should do it. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Just did a little re-watch of this over the weekend as 3 mini-movies -- Eps 1-3, 4-6, and 7-8. I think I liked it even better after the rewatch.

I think Ep. 7 is my favorite overall, and Kuill is (was) the best character on the show.

(Deborah Chow directed & Jon Favreau wrote Ep. 7, fwiw)

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
We are restarting Disney+ when Season 2 hits, looking forward to it.
Buy a Sonos and get 6 months free. :laugh:

Looks like Sonos is overpriced by $50.

·
Chili Bigot
20,034 Posts
I am very horny for the next season.

(See what I did there? :D )

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,864 Posts
Finally watched the season 2 premiere last night. Loved it, glad it's back. :thumbup:

But if I had one note, it would be that they should stop using known actors in roles. It takes me out of it every time, even if it's an actor I like.

81 - 100 of 144 Posts