VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,913 Posts
Started out bad and got much better. The second half was my favorite Mando TV so far. I am not a fan of the lady that works in the dock on Tattooine, she is not a good actress.
While I am a fan of her other work, I agree she is a bad casting here.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Started out bad and got much better. The second half was my favorite Mando TV so far. I am not a fan of the lady that works in the dock on Tattooine, she is not a good actress.
she seemed glaringly bad in this episode..... i didn't remember her being that bad in season 1. Maybe I was too hyped for season 1 to notice or care.

·
Chili Bigot
A muscle car (mine), a bugout vic (hers), and a beater (the boy's)
20,036 Posts
I thought the story was a little weak but the spiders were fun. The child sure loves him some boba tea tho. :laugh:

Amy Sedaris' character was pretty bad, but that felt more like bad dialog and direction. I hadn't noticed it before, but when she looks "normal" she looks shockingly like a former co-worker of mine:

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,609 Posts
Ep 2 was pretty solid. A little slow, but the spiders livened things up and were actually pretty creepy. Also the X-Wing pilots saving the day was great. One of them was played by Dave Filoni and the other by a guy that does a lot of cosplay and got to visit the set during season 1.
It should also be mentioned that this is Filoni's second appearance as this character. He was one of the three X-wings that came out of hyperspace to blow up the Sons of Anarchy guy last season.

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
Wow... that was a hell of an episode.
The cinematography (especially in the beginning) was phenomenal. I find myself wanting to go back and watch it again, which never happens with me.

Also, I'm super into white lightsabers.

·
Chili Bigot
20,036 Posts
F the comics. This is part of the original cinematic universe and I feel like we finally got to see why his reputation is what it is, unlike in a certain old movie were he was unceremoniously dispatched for laughs.

·
Registered
16,282 Posts
Too violent? :rolleyes:
Not enough story. Boba Fett shows up as a character and there was no story. It was too much predictable cliche storm trooper gunfight scene. Then Grogu using the force throwing around Storm Troopers on a Star Destroyer. With good writing an an hour, it could have told a story instead of feeling like action scenes spliced together. I expected better from Robert Rodriguez.

·
Chili Bigot
20,036 Posts
Not enough story. Boba Fett shows up as a character and there was no story. It was too much predictable cliche storm trooper gunfight scene. Then Grogu using the force throwing around Storm Troopers on a Star Destroyer. With good writing an an hour, it could have told a story instead of feeling like action scenes spliced together. I expected better from Robert Rodriguez.
I don't think you understand how these short form set pieces are supposed to work. This is a saga in a weekly short series format. Sometimes the episodes are "Adventure of the Week" and do little for the overall story arc. But others episodes exist to feed into the greater story. Think of it as a scene in a full length film.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Only thing I feel should have been done differently is showing Mando's face. Even when it happened in season 1, I feel it would have worked better for the audience to not see his face even though he took the helmet off. Just have the camera showing him from rear angles. Done that way only two people would have seen him without the helmet. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE LOL. Kinda ruins some of the mandolorian mystique.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Just finished ep 7. A solid 2nd rank to ep6.
Just sad these these 2 episodes are markedly shorter than the earlier ones. However, I'll take quality over quantity any day.
Looking forward to the last episode edit Dec 18 (had the release date out a week).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Only thing I feel should have been done differently is showing Mando's face. Even when it happened in season 1, I feel it would have worked better for the audience to not see his face even though he took the helmet off. Just have the camera showing him from rear angles. Done that way only two people would have seen him without the helmet. I DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE LOL. Kinda ruins some of the mandolorian mystique.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don't mind him removing the helmet. The rest of the Mandos this season have no problem with it and they said he's part of an extremist cult. But I do have a hard time figuring out why the computer terminal required a face ID to allow use - literally any face will do apparently, doesn't need to be an Imperial officer. I'm sure it was only done to advance a future plot point when Gideon figures out who he is.

101 - 120 of 144 Posts