VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Anyone catch First Kick last night? Donovan looked very rested but Beckham looked a little sluggish. 1-0 Galaxy, goal by Junihno.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wasn't able to go to the opening day for the Earthquakes, and then found out they lost. They'll do fine next game. GO EARTHQUAKES!

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Confession time. I worked for Chicago Fire for several years, now I live in Missouri (about 2 hours from KC). Despite all my loyalties towards the Chicago Fire, I really like how Sporting KC is being run, their stadium deal is a great example to other sport franchises, and I think I'm going to make the drive to see the new stadium and team, doubly so if OchoCinco makes an appearance.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Quoted from wiki:

"Juninho, Portuguese for "little Junior", is a common nickname for footballers whose full name includes Júnior. It is often combined with an epithet, sometimes a demonym (a word derived from their place of origin) to distinguish them from other players with the same nickname, as shown in several of the following examples."

so basically its like Junior in english.

My Sounders are off to a shaky start :(

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Bump?

ReAL SL vs Colorado Rapids tonight!!! I'm going to the match tonight! SALT LAKE TILL I DIE! :D

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Portland vs Chicago Fire tonight in their home opener against Chicago.

Oregon Public Radio called me a few weeks back to do an interview, but I was out sick so I missed that opportunity to talk about the economics of Major League Soccer.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Bump?

ReAL SL vs Colorado Rapids tonight!!! I'm going to the match tonight! SALT LAKE TILL I DIE! :D
Espindola made it 1-0 last night in the last minutes of extra time. Pure hell for 90mins, no goals, hail, snow, rain, and wind. ReAL SL is now 4-0 for the season and 39 games(i think) undeafted at home!!!!! :heart:

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Timbers home opener tonight! Everyone in Central and East time zones stay up late because the Timbers Army and all our fans are gonna be raucous.

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Now that was a home opener!!!!!!
Its good to see more expansion teams in MLS. :thumbup: Now each team needs a stadium and we would be doing alright as a league!!! :thumbup::D

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
WOOT! Great weekend for Portland Timbers soccer!

salteatervw said:
Its good to see more expansion teams in MLS. Now each team needs a stadium and we would be doing alright as a league!!! :thumbup::D
I think after Montreal they should add 1 more team in the West, or if the East move the Dynamo to the West, and leave it at 20 teams for a while. I know it sounds weird with only 20 teams but I don't think MLS should over expand too much.

Portland, Vancouver and Montreal were natural choices but unless there are cities that can really support a franchise (i.e. don't already have 3 major league franchises) and have a rabid fan base, they shouldn't expand for expansions sake. We've seen it in the Southeast and it didn't really work out so why not just keep what is working good, get all cities with soccer specific stadiums as you mention and build up the league for a few years until a city really steps up and deserves a team.

Just my $.02

(Gonna miss the Timbers vs. RSL match on the 30th :()

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Did anyone else watch the CONCACAF 1st leg? It was amazing!!!! RSL 2 MONTEREY 2

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
Turned it on at half and it was 1-1 but I don't have FSC HD, just standard def, so I couldn't bring myself to watch the 2nd half. I watched Sesame Street on the DVR w/ my 17 month old instead :laugh:

61 - 80 of 94 Posts