VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, The nest is officially empty. This is tougher than I thought it would be. I miss my boys being around along with all of their friends stopping by. This new normal is going to take some time to get used to. My youngest is all moved into UC Santa Barbara to study Computer Engineering. Classes start this Thursday. He is loving it so far.

Drove his Focus to LA to pick up the Tacoma from his brother along with his bike and mini fridge

His ocean view is blocked by the hot chicks on the beach volleyball court

Roommates

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
I haven't been around here much but congrats, and I hope you're doing well. I was just talking to a buddy who's daughter just started college and he mentioned to his wife, "what are we going to do when our lives aren't revolving around these kids?"

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Our youngest heads off next fall.

Eek...

We're actually looking forward to it - do a little more camping, some trips, I can get to more car events.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't been around here much but congrats, and I hope you're doing well. I was just talking to a buddy who's daughter just started college and he mentioned to his wife, "what are we going to do when our lives aren't revolving around these kids?"
Exactly, we are figuring it out and enjoying it. Much less stress.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our youngest heads off next fall.

Eek...

We're actually looking forward to it - do a little more camping, some trips, I can get to more car events.
Its a little weird at first but easy to get used to.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update - He is having the time of his life.

Rushed a Fraternity and now a pledge until the end of the quarter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly, my daughter is only 5 years old but I have this irrational fear of her living the nest when time comes. I don't know but it just stressed me out when I think of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts