VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
+1 for a non-carbon, read cheaper alternative. I don't need carbon and the price saving would be most welcome.

Is this patented in any way? What's stopping someone from making this out of ABS plastic with a decent filter and selling it for $100 vs the $399 you're asking? Or, why not offer the product in both forms.. an expensive $400 option made from carbon fiber, and a cheaper version made out of plastic for $100-$200 ?
I just don't see the benefit in paying for $400 when someone could just replace their OEM filter and get similar results for about 1/5 the price.

Reactions: 2016vwturbo
Does anyone that bought this have any feedback?

I'm looking at the "complete" system with the carbon intake tube and inlet pipe for my wife's R. She liked the look of this intake the best over the other manufacturers and the price seems pretty competitive with the other CF offerings. I'll also be installing a turbo muffler delete at the same time.

The plan is to also replace the JB1 with the 034Motorsport Stage 1 ECU/TCU tune.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.