VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself a Volkswagen enthusiast. I think most of us are and we a breed of our own. I watch the GTI commericals and I must say they are very funny. After seeing them a few times I was thinking to myself that there are so many kids out there with "sport compacts" that think there car is the coolest. I think those kids will watch these and think that maybe this new gti will make them even cooler. All in all I think they will buy these cars and bring the "sport compact" look with them. Makes sense for Volkswagen as far as $...
Just my .02 don't want to start a war or anything.

· I could've been a contender.
36,399 Posts
Re: The new GTI commericals... My thoughts (freeflow90)

VW in der hooooowwwwwwsssss
Representing Deutschland
bill

· Registered
3,917 Posts
Re: The new GTI commericals... My thoughts (water&air)

Quote, originally posted by water&air »
i think you are right. last week i saw quite a few "pimped" cars at our dealership looking at new gti's.

can you chase them away?

· Registered
1,381 Posts

I think it's great that the VW commercials are poking fun at the sport compact scene. I feel like they are voicing my opinion on a huge scale. Just like the Offspring song, "Pretty Fly for a White Guy."

· Registered
3,325 Posts

Quote, originally posted by freeflow90 »
Well I totally agree that the commericals are funny I love them... Just saying I think they are gonna draw in the wrong crowd

As far as VW as a company goes, there is no "wrong crowd". Anyone who purchases one is the right crowd. They are a business and they need to sell their product.
As an enthusiast myself, I cant complain if VW does what they have to do to boost sales. They cant possibly sell enough cars in the US to keep afloat without branding it out into untapped markets.

· Registered
10,352 Posts
Re: The new GTI commericals... My thoughts (kuklaki)

Supply and Demand
Laz

· Registered
43 Posts
Re: (GTImeister)

Quote, originally posted by GTImeister »

hahaha, but mom and dad can

i live in a town where it's rich country and a whole bunch of ****** kids who dont appreciate money, ESPECIALLY the money their parents have too much of
sigh...
going to be a sad day when i see some idiot 16 year old with hydraulics and neon lights pulsing under their GTI as it smashes into a pole, gets out, shrugs, and gets his parents to get a new one.
im tempted to ask the parents if they could give me some money!

but thats my 2 cents
the commericals... i laugh my bum off every time i see them. Infact whenever my buddies say something weird, as a close friend of mine just bought a Corrado, we just do the VW with the hands and yell "DEUTCHLAND REPREZENT!"
people look at us funny... but i guarentee this will be like the "WASSAP!" comericals a few years back, HAHA
VW you make me so happy

· Registered
13,756 Posts
Re: (Rabbit_Head)

Quote, originally posted by Rabbit_Head »
you really think kids can afford a new gti?

That's precisely it.
It tries to differentiate the GTI from that crowd to the people who are actually going to BUY these cars.
And if Mom and Dad are making the purchase for Timmy, the ads don't hurt either.
Smart ads http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.