VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Audi is crowning its successful A1 model series with an exclusive top-of-the-line model. The dynamic A1 quattro, limited to just 333 units, moves to the head of the compact class. Its two-liter, turbocharged engine produces 188 kW (256 hp) and 350 Nm (258.15 lb-ft) of torque, which is delivered to all four wheels. The Audi A1 quattro sprints from zero to 100 km/h (62.14 mph) in 5.7 seconds and has a top speed of 245 km/h (152.24 mph).

The A1 quattro is powered by the 2.0 TFSI engine. The 1,984 cc, four-cylinder engine combines gasoline direct injection with turbocharging in the classic Audi manner. Among its highlights are the adjustable intake cam shaft and the two balance shafts, which ensure smooth operation. Maximum torque of 350 Nm (258.15 lb-ft) is continuously available between 2,500 and 4,500 rpm, and peak power (188 kW/256 hp) is developed at 6,000 rpm.

Full Story

·
Registered
745 Posts
The back end isn't quite doing it for me, but that wouldn't make me say no if someone happened to give me the keys to one.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's a shame that VW/Audi chooses to keep so many of their best products out of our hands.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
The Scirroco and now this, 2 legit cars that I would buy if available in the states. Oh well, I'd have a hard time making room in my stable anyway :laugh:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
The back end isn't quite doing it for me, but that wouldn't make me say no if someone happened to give me the keys to one.
This comment was so predictable, it's also comical that it's the first post.

I like the back end, I love the abstract look to it. It's distinctive and bold. Take that away and you might as well buy an A3 or any other hatch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW!! That's damn hot! Really digging the size of this thing! I've got a deposit on a Golf R here in Canada, and I would absolutely get this instead if it were available here. Audi is such a tease!

Diggin the rims and the blacked out area around the tail light.... totally gives the car a retro feel. And look at that front fascia! :eek:

The rear wing is a little too much though... I like the contrast between the wing and the black roof, but it needs to be half the size. And not really feeling the red tach and the red accent in the head lights.

·
Registered
07 GTI 13 Beetle turbo
1,875 Posts
very noice, once we stop churning out giant trucks here maybe cars like this will appear stateside

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I love the wheels. I doubt Audi could bring this exact car over for less than $35k which would make it nearly impossible to sell. I'd love to get my hands on a TDI version of these for somewhere in the low $20k range if that's possible. Would be a fun, awesome commuter car. I'd also like to see actual photographs of a production car. These shots all look like CGI to me.

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Love it love it love it.

I would buy this in a heart beat.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Other than Ronald McDonald creating the paint sceme ... I love it! Now Audi pull yer head out of yer ass and bring it the USA!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts