VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
i'd be better off if they would just stop marketing these things to people who can't have them. i mean, do they don't air american healthcare commercials in africa do they????

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't get it. Audi is well established in the US and refuses to bring the little hatch over. Fiat jumped through major hoops to get their tiny 500 over here. I could see the A1 selling like hotcakes. I guess it's time to get excited about the Abarth...

·
Registered
61 Posts
love it. Love the wing on the back too. I’d have to drive one against the R I’ve got on order to decide. I might just have to move to Germany if they’re going to keep teasing us with awesome cars. How much is rosetta stone?;)

Is this how the rest of the world gets back at Americans?! Here’s a cool car, but you can’t have it...:banghead:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love the looks. The front lights remind me a little bit of BMW and the back which I'm REALLY fond of reminds me a bit of the boxy B4 rear and a bit Vanagon in modern form. I personally love it, and it comes with a proper size fuel efficient motor too. If they brought this to the US with a 1.6 or 2.0 TDI I'd be all over it.

After doing a google image search it looks like they dropped the sleek square look to the rear lights. They look more streched on the sides... unless that black strip on the rear is making an illusion in the above linked images.

Ace review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjz0ZltU748

·
Registered
719 Posts
do want!

we need more small cars over here so badly. and i'm glad that a market for them is developing. but i can't imagine this making it over here especially since it's a run of 333 units.

i'm so impressed they are putting the golf R drivetrain in such a small package. i can has new dream car?

with these underpinnings i can't say i care as much about the design of the exterior. that said i could do without the red "wing" in the headlights. everything else is a go, including the boy-racer rear spoiler!:thumbup:

yes, i cannot wait to see what the S1 will have over this. maybe that one will be expensive enough to bring over ((still dreaming)).

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
do want!

yes, i cannot wait to see what the S1 will have over this. maybe that one will be expensive enough to bring over ((still dreaming)).
I'm not exactly sure what to expect here. I know an S1 was more than being considered because I've seen the prototype S1 gauges in an A1 mule in Ingolstadt. However, I'd have expected the S1 to be this drivetrain and I'm not sure what engine they'd have in the mix that's more powerful than this one yet not the 2.5T which would be the assumed engine for an RS 1.

Also, there've been theories in the enthusiast communities that Audi might have reconsidered the use of the name S1 because its use in Audi lore was applied to the Sport quattro... a decidedly different car and position in the Audi lineup.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It really sucks that we don't get any of the cool European vehicles in North America...I would have sold a kidney, my right arm and my first born if I could have purchased a Lupo GTI in North America.

When I fly overseas for work, if I have a decent layover I will make a point of going to the nearest dealer and trying a European VW or Audi on for size....it makes the products that we drive over here seem dull as dishwater....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Is this "Polo" sized or "GTI" / "A3" sized?

So frustrated with all the models, I can't get what I want here in the States....Unless I save up for an S4.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts