VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ist offical another set of syncros.. we are on our 3rd clutch, 2nd clutch cable and this will be the 3rd set of syncros in the car. The car runs like a champ.. and has held up against everything I have thrown at it even Nirtous.. but the tranny sucks balls. After this is fixed.. so i can get to and from work. I am going to start to look into other options.. I have been told that the VR tranny is better but how much better for the cost?

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: The O2O tranny sucks (Blitz16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dude, get a fukin bolt kit and the tranny's are damn near indestructible on my new 7A I got one installed. I will tell you how it goes.
[HR][/HR]​
Ok who do I get a bolt kit from? Names, numbers, $$, and what is involved in putting it in.. My limit stops at doing a clutch and flywheel..

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]You have to take the tranny apart, and drill the rivets out and replace them with the bolt kit, I am really not sure though I will talk to my friend, he just installed his bolt kit though on his Rocco.[HR][/HR]​
And this dose what.. help save my syncros??? sounds expensive..

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I know a guy by me who went through a couple of trannies and he said kraftswerk sucks.. poop 675.. I think its going to cost me like 600 to do the syncros.. thats cheap..

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]"I know a guy by me who went through a couple of trannies and he said kraftswerk sucks"
Thats funny, they come with a 1yr warranty and they have been doing nothing but tranmssions for awhile. Can he back that statement up?[HR][/HR]​
Yea he can.. I belive they would not back up there warrenty because his car is a turbo running 20PSI of boost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.