VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1221 - 1226 of 1226 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
There are a few Mk2 16v kits that actually made it out into the wild. A person that lives not far from the Connecticut location actually scored one and has it running.

I know this is a mk1 thread… but honestly this is the most complete history of this stuff out there so why the hell not add it here as well :)

These pictures look like a scirocco16v to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Some times S1's and S2's are refereed to as mk1's, mk'2 respectively. It's confusing and prob not correct (I hate to be that guy) since S2's are really more like a face lift to the S1 (with their shared underpinings) vs what a mk2 golf is to a mk1 rabbit (complete redesign), and an S2 is very different from a MK2 golf.
I have to look back at my European Car mags. I have that article on the turbo 16v jetta that was sold as a kit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have always considered MK1 to be a chassis designation starting here in 75 and running to 93 with the last Cabriolet. They all used the same suspension. I consider both Scirocco generations Mk1’s. Then MK2 started here in 85 with the new chassis design that had all new suspension with the major improvement of the front subframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1221 - 1226 of 1226 Posts