VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7481 - 7500 of 7857 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
How much coolant does 2012 GLI take? I'm gonna have to replace the water pump, so I need to know how much I have to buy. I'm planning to get the Pentofrost E 1.5L. I'd have to mix it 50/50 with water. Two bottles enough?
I didn't completely drain the system when I replaced mine but I think I put about 2 liters back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
noticed my ac/radio/knob lights were dim this morning when i turned my headlights on. i have a 2014 S so i dont think i have auto dimming. i turned my lights off and on again to see if that would help, but they were still dim and delayed in actually turning on. when i went to adjust the dimmer it was hot to the touch and all the way turned to the brightest setting. any idea what it could be?
to add to this, checked for codes and got fault code 02195 for the dimmer switch instrument. simple replacement or should i change the fuse too?

·
Registered
2018 VW Jetta SE 1.4T 5-speed manual
9,545 Posts
Has anyone determined the actual capacity of the Mk6 Jetta's fuel tank? According to the official specs it's supposed to be 14.5 U.S. gallons, but today I filled up my 2018 1.4T Jetta with the MFI showing a remaining range of 0 miles and I managed to put 14.86 gallons in it. :eek:

I was really nervous driving those last few miles to the gas station, but it never hiccuped, so I don't think I was that close to running it totally dry.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Has anyone determined the actual capacity of the Mk6 Jetta's fuel tank? According to the official specs it's supposed to be 14.5 U.S. gallons, but today I filled up my 2018 1.4T Jetta with the MFI showing a remaining range of 0 miles and I managed to put 14.86 gallons in it. :eek:

I was really nervous driving those last few miles to the gas station, but it never hiccuped, so I don't think I was that close to running it totally dry.
That’s something I’ve always liked about my Jetta 1.4T as well it can be at 0 miles and I’ve drove for about 3-4 miles or so before the next gas station and didn’t hesitate or nothing at all and it made it and didn’t even turned off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
noticed my ac/radio/knob lights were dim this morning when i turned my headlights on. i have a 2014 S so i dont think i have auto dimming. i turned my lights off and on again to see if that would help, but they were still dim and delayed in actually turning on. when i went to adjust the dimmer it was hot to the touch and all the way turned to the brightest setting. any idea what it could be?
Same car there is a dimmer switch could your hand have accidentally brushed it causing the lights to be a tad dimmer?

·
Registered
9,545 Posts
Third times the charm? Getting no joy asking these VCDS questions in other threads :(

(1) On the wife's Beetle (2012 Base), I can activate brake lights and horn with ignition (Terminal 15) off. I found them under Central Electronics in the Jetta, but can't get either to work, regardless of whether or not these bits are checked :confused:
This was posted a few months ago so I don't know if you're still reading this thread, but I noticed the same thing with my 2018 Jetta. The brake lights go off when I turn off the ignition even with the setting enabled that is supposed to allow them to work with the ignition off.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Any body have issues removing coil packs?

I have done them before with no issues. Today I was doing some preventative maintenance on my 13 GLI it has been 3 years since I changed spark plugs and added r8 coil packs. So I go to remove the coil packs and all 4 just come up about a half inch and won't budge after that. I spent about 45 min on 1 alone before calling it quits. I know they have a tool for it, but in the past I have been able to change them by hand with no issues. Any tips? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Any body have issues removing coil packs?

I have done them before with no issues. Today I was doing some preventative maintenance on my 13 GLI it has been 3 years since I changed spark plugs and added r8 coil packs. So I go to remove the coil packs and all 4 just come up about a half inch and won't budge after that. I spent about 45 min on 1 alone before calling it quits. I know they have a tool for it, but in the past I have been able to change them by hand with no issues. Any tips? Thanks

Did you warm up the car before taking them out? Just twist them and go easy I had some trouble when changing my spark plugs on my 17 Jetta 1.4T but they all come off now.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Did you warm up the car before taking them out? Just twist them and go easy I had some trouble when changing my spark plugs on my 17 Jetta 1.4T but they all come off now.

Come to think of it the car was sitting for about 3 hours in 55 degree weather. I will try again tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Come to think of it the car was sitting for about 3 hours in 55 degree weather. I will try again tomorrow after work.

When I changed mine it was like 80 degrees outside but I took it for a 5 min 1-2 mile drive or so.

·
Registered
9,545 Posts
What's the best place to stash the VW Roadside Kit?

It has a Velcro strip in back, but it runs across the top, so it won't stick to the "stepped" trunk linings behind the rear fenderwells.

With some shoving, I've gotten mine to stick either horizontally on the left side or vertically on the right side.

Adding some extra Velcro strips to it will help it stay in place better.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
What's the best place to stash the VW Roadside Kit?

It has a Velcro strip in back, but it runs across the top, so it won't stick to the "stepped" trunk linings behind the rear fenderwells.

[
Mine has the velcro straps and it is able to stick to the side up against the fenders

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Mine has the velcro straps and it is able to stick to the side up against the fenders
I was hoping to tuck it in to the square cut-outs in the lining behind the fenders. The velcro strap on the back of the kit is in the wrong place to do that :banghead: VW never loved its Jetta-VI owners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What do I need to know?

Recently bought a 2014 SE 1.8t connect/sunroof, etc. from a private seller. Approaching 51K miles, but still under CPO warranty for another 7 months/13K. What should I be looking for as far as potential maintenance/failure issues at this mileage/age? Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
my horn doesnt work on my 2016 1.4T jetta.
i can hear the relay clicking . Does someone have the fuse diagram for my car its imposible to find on internet

7481 - 7500 of 7857 Posts