VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7761 - 7780 of 7868 Posts

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Is the rear VW emblem on a 2017 Jetta only held on by 3M double back tape?....I've searched, but only to find information about GTI.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yes, swapped mine on my sport.

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
486 Posts
I just picked up a 15 GLI. Loving it! Can a digital cockpits, like in the 7.5 R be swapped into the mk6. I had heard that it could be done. Maybe I have been mislead

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I believe only the MQB models can do such a thing. If mk6 guys have been doing its definitely retrofit probably using a bunch of adaptors and things to that nature. I would love a digital cockpit. Seen it in person on a mustang the over day its so cool. Havent seen a jetta or R one in person yet but all the videos make it look great.

·
Registered
556 Posts
2017 GLI manual with 40k miles, when should i replace:

Sparkplugs
coilpacks
Fuel Filter
Break fluid
Transmission fluid
Cam follower
any other small maintenance missing?

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
486 Posts
2017 GLI manual with 40k miles, when should i replace:

Sparkplugs
coilpacks
Fuel Filter
Break fluid
Transmission fluid
Cam follower
any other small maintenance missing?
I believe that every 10k miles ( for me atleast) you should get it serviced by the dealer and also get an oil change if not sooner.
I am coming up on my 40k mile service and inspection.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I believe that every 10k miles ( for me atleast) you should get it serviced by the dealer and also get an oil change if not sooner.
I am coming up on my 40k mile service and inspection.
you should be getting an oil change every 10k miles, but no way you should be doing all i posted every 10k miles

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 15 GLI, and curious if ANY 10-14 parts(exterior mostly) will fit on the 6.5 facelift model.
Curious if side skirts etc will work. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
448 Posts
Does the whole front bumper need to be removed to install new headlights on a 2016 Jetta or is there a way to do it without removing the whole bumper I watched a video of an install without removing the front bumper but it was a pre facelift Jetta not sure if the facelift is different. Any help would be much appreciated planning on attempting install this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Does the whole front bumper need to be removed to install new headlights on a 2016 Jetta or is there a way to do it without removing the whole bumper I watched a video of an install without removing the front bumper but it was a pre facelift Jetta not sure if the facelift is different. Any help would be much appreciated planning on attempting install this weekend.

Yes, the bumper needs to be dropped or at least the middle of the bumper needs to be lowered.

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
486 Posts

Dropping the bumper is actually super easy! Did it myself twice.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Searched the thread, didn't see this yet although I am sure it has been asked. Does the 1.8T found in a 2014 Jetta have a timing belt or Timing Chain? Is there a recommended service interval for which ever the motor has?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Idk if I'm part of the 1% here, but when should I be replacing my battery? I've had my car since 2013 and have never changed my battery, nor needed a jump. I only ask this because it just dropped to really cold temps here in NY, and I already notice my car taking an extra second to start, which leads me to my question. Should I replace it before heavy winter conditions come in to avoid any issues?

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
Idk if I'm part of the 1% here, but when should I be replacing my battery? I've had my car since 2013 and have never changed my battery, nor needed a jump. I only ask this because it just dropped to really cold temps here in NY, and I already notice my car taking an extra second to start, which leads me to my question. Should I replace it before heavy winter conditions come in to avoid any issues?
Some car parts stores will offer free checks to see how your battery is doing, I would guess its due for a change.

·
Registered
9,008 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Searched the thread, didn't see this yet although I am sure it has been asked. Does the 1.8T found in a 2014 Jetta have a timing belt or Timing Chain? Is there a recommended service interval for which ever the motor has?
Chain

7761 - 7780 of 7868 Posts