VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7861 - 7868 of 7868 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yeah I can't plug one into my new head unit, you could wire it to 5v if you just want power. My new unit came with usb cords but they aren't in the nice stock spot they just hang into the passenger foot well.
Thanks for the reply.

I cant even remember if this usb worked when I had my stock head unit.....but it doesn't work now, and now I have a Kenwood....and I'm like you, my usb are coming down the center console.

I wanted to use this usb for something else...but I guess I will use the rear lighter/usb....I can't find a fuse for the usb. Anybody?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
239 Posts
there's no fuse, it plugs into the back of the old stereo, did you have an extra wire back there? its got a round connector, and I think its yellow.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
there's no fuse, it plugs into the back of the old stereo, did you have an extra wire back there? its got a round connector, and I think its yellow.
Thanks for this. I had a shop install my head unit. I will have to pull it out and look for the connector.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Jetta SE, but don't have the blank slots for buttons above the gear shift. I have what looks like a cover in the same area (link), so I assume I can just pop that off and replace it? Where would I go to buy a replacement cover?

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
495 Posts
I have a 2014 Jetta SE, but don't have the blank slots for buttons above the gear shift. I have what looks like a cover in the same area (link), so I assume I can just pop that off and replace it? Where would I go to buy a replacement cover?
yeah exactly, I had the same thing until I installed some buttons. You can get one from vw website or ecstuning.

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
How long are you guys using the factory fuel filter on the 1.4T engines? My car has 75,000 miles on it, but VW doesn't list the fuel filter in the maintenance card.

7861 - 7868 of 7868 Posts