VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
2301 - 2308 of 2308 Posts

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
250 Posts
I noticed my rubber fuel lines are very hard to squeeze, This normal? Car has been off for hours. I would think the return should at least have some give. anyone here squeeze there fuel lines? 2.0 AEG btw

Edit: checked my other car (also 2.0 AEG) and the OE lines were soft to squeeze. PUlled fuse 28 and started the car till it died. No change in feel. Pulled line apart and there was no pressure. Just a hard rubber line. I did replace them a while back. Maybe I ended up with something other than the 30r9 or whatever is the ethanol safe high pressure. So material issue if anything. feels like a rock, had me scared the pressure was way high.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I noticed my rubber fuel lines are very hard to squeeze, This normal? Car has been off for hours. I would think the return should at least have some give. anyone here squeeze there fuel lines? 2.0 AEG btw

Edit: checked my other car (also 2.0 AEG) and the OE lines were soft to squeeze. PUlled fuse 28 and started the car till it died. No change in feel. Pulled line apart and there was no pressure. Just a hard rubber line. I did replace them a while back. Maybe I ended up with something other than the 30r9 or whatever is the ethanol safe high pressure. So material issue if anything. feels like a rock, had me scared the pressure was way high.
Mmmmm, my 1.8T rubber fuel lines were hard. Granted I would think they would be hard as they would have to withstand high pressure fuel running through them.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi guys, I need a new serpentine belt for my 02 Golf GTi VR6 but I'm not sure if it's the 12V or 24V model. How can I find this information? Paperwork I have says the engine is 2.8L if that helps.
Here is a pic of a 24V

Here is a pic of a 12V

You notice the difference between the 2 engine covers???

12V and 24V VR6's have different Valve Covers too

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
250 Posts
Mmmmm, my 1.8T rubber fuel lines were hard. Granted I would think they would be hard as they would have to withstand high pressure fuel running through them.
I can say there is a big difference between OE and the hard ones in my jetta. The OE in my golf are pretty soft. They are also 200k/20 years old though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quick little question, does anyone know if the square bolster seats off 02 and up GTI’s are the same as the GLI seats in terms of the seat frame?

I know the GLI frames have metal bars to support the bolsters, but I’d like to know if the square bolsters have it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2301 - 2308 of 2308 Posts