VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been many questions regarding different engine and transmission mounts for the MkV platform. This is going to be a comprehensive list of the most common mounts. Also, feel free to leave a picture of your vehicle with details on your mount component.

If I am missing something, feel free to PM me and I will add it to this thread.

Please, refrain from quoting full images and videos. Image quotes tend to clutter a thread.

*Disclaimer*

- Please check what is needed for your vehicle before making any purchases, as there may be a difference between FSI and TSI mounts, as well as five speed and six speed transmissions.

- CLICK HERE for the sister thread, The Official MkV Golf/Jetta Aftermarket Lowering Spring/Coilover Guide.
- CLICK HERE for the sister thread, The Official MkV Golf/Jetta Aftermarket Intake Guide.
- CLICK HERE for the sister thread, The Official MkV Golf/Jetta Aftermarket Exhaust Guide.

Density Specifications

The rubber used in the mounts are measured by durometer, or stiffness. The higher the number, the stiffer or harder the material. OEM engine side mounts are fluid filled mounts, making it easy to detect a worn or bad mount. OEM transmission side mounts usually have two separate pieces of rubber within the mount. The inner piece has layers of holes to help cushion and absorb vibrations.

- BFI stage 1: 65a durometer
- BFI stage 2: 85a durometer
- BFI stage 3: will update as soon known
- BSH: 78a durometer
- VF: company will not disclose
- 034Motorsport Street: 60a durometer
- 034Motorsport Track: 80a durometer
- HPA core interlock: 75a, 80a, 85a, 90a durometers
- ECS Tuning insert ('05.5-'08.5): 70a durometer
- ECS Tuning insert ('08.5+): 90a durometer
- Neuspeed insert ('05.5-'08.5): 65a durometer
- Neuspeed insert ('08.5+): 65a durometer
- DLI-Teknik engine and transmission mounts: no rubber; it is a coil spring
- DLI-Teknik insert ('05.5-'08.5): will update as soon known
- VWR: 75a durometer

Torque Specifications

- Frame rail bolts: 30 lb-ft
- Engine/transmission bolts: 44 lb-ft

Engine Mount

- 2.0T FSI

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BFI stage 3 (specify engine)
- BFI stage 1 replacement inserts
- BFI stage 2 replacement inserts
- BFI stage 3 replacement inserts
- BSH
- VF
- 034Motorsport (specify density and engine)
- DLI-Teknik
- VWR

- 2.0T TSI

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BFI stage 3 (specify engine)
- BFI stage 1 replacement inserts
- BFI stage 2 replacement inserts
- BFI stage 3 replacement inserts
- BSH
- VF (not listed on their webiste)
- DLI-Teknik
- VWR

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BSH
- VF
- DLI-Teknik
- VWR

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BSH (not listed on their website)
- VF (not listed on their website)
- 034Motorsport (not listed on their website)
- DLI-Teknik (not listed on their website)

Transmission Mount/Insert

Six Speed/DSG

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BFI stage 1 INSERT ONLY
- BFI stage 2 INSERT ONLY
- BSH
- VF
- DLI-Teknik
- VWR

Five Speed/Tiptronic

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BFI stage 1 INSERT ONLY
- BFI stage 2 INSERT ONLY
- BSH (3 bolt trans only)
- 034Motorsport (not listed on their website)
- DLI-Teknik (3 bolt trans only)

Torque Arm (Dogbone) Insert/Replacement

2005.5-2008.5

- BFI
- BSH
- VF
- 034Motorsport Mount
- 034Motorsport Insert
- HPA Core Interlock (specify density and engine)
- ECS Tuning
- Neuspeed
- DLI-Teknik
- VWR

2008.5+

- BFI stage 1
- BFI stage 2
- BSH
- 034Motorsport Mount
- 034Motorsport Insert
- HPA Core Interlock (specify density and engine)
- ECS Tuning
- Neuspeed
- VWR

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
great info...
Thank you. I really didn't know much about mounts until I started researching for my own purchase. I didn't use my own knowledge when making this thread; this is just a collection of the homework I did so others don't have to spend as much time as I did. Just trying to help out.

Both VF and BFI have been emailed regarding density specs.

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New information I found in the R32 forum. These are replacement parts for the VF mounts. These replace the standard red VF poly mounts. JC has told me that the density on these new replacements are rated at 85a. Here is more information from his thread:

We will now be offering FFE Racing delrin motor mount inserts for VF mounts.

We originally built these bushings out of aluminum for our own in house race cars and made a couple of extra sets to make it worth the time to set them up. Now with the aluminums mounts success we decided to make another replacement bushing set of delrin.

Delrins characteristics are a good inbetween from the original poly mount and our solid aluminum race mounts.

These bushings are a direct fit for mk4, mk5 and mk6 mounts and replace the upper and lower bushings in the mount while retaining the rest of the mount body/structure.

Due to the machining inconsistencies from original manufacturing from vf engineering some of the bodies vary +/-.015" or more in center dowel size you may have to slightly sand down the original vf piece or it might have a tiny bit of play in it until the mount is completely assembled. We have not experienced a scenario where we had to modify the vf base, but this is a warning if it does come up with a customer.

This is not something that we can control because the original mount manufacturer did not have to hold the part to a tight tolerance since a rubber/polyurethane can stretch/squish into an inconsistent part and still do its job.

We have built these mounts based off of brand new and used motor mount measurements to provide the most consistent bushing so you will be able to drop them in without issue.

These are much more practical for a street car than the aluminum ones, which are more for race / street race oriented vehicles. These bushings will be more stiff than the poly bushings, but still give a little and be more suited for uses other than (but still perfectly capable for) racing.

Price is per side, you will need to place and order for a quantity of 2 for a complete mk4/5/6 and you will receive 4 bushings, 2 for each mount.

These will be priced at $85 per side with free shipping!!

To place an order please message me your full name, shipping address and phone number.

Thanks,
JC

·
Registered
15,279 Posts
well derilin is a hrd plastic like product so i would assume its high
Just trying to see something visual to compare (like numbers). Hard enough that VF doesn't release that info. Now this is a product that is stiffer than VF's. But that means nothing?

If that makes sense. Hopefully VF emails you back

·
Banned
21,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's the density rating on them?
well derilin is a hrd plastic like product so i would assume its high
Just trying to see something visual to compare (like numbers). Hard enough that VF doesn't release that info. Now this is a product that is stiffer than VF's. But that means nothing?

If that makes sense. Hopefully VF emails you back
I wrote above the quoted post that they are 85a. I still have no info from VF.

·
Registered
15,279 Posts
Hm, so VF's must be significantly lower than 85a for FFE to claim their 85a inserts are a good inbetween for the original VF mounts and solid aluminum inserts...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.