VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21521 - 21540 of 21671 Posts

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
You spend 6 months not knowing if you and a girl are exclusively seeing each other or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't say that. I took his comment to mean a discussion about whether you're looking for a long term relationship or eventually marriage, etc. Definitely not something for the 3rd or 4th date. That can scare off girls who just want to have fun and take things slowly or let it build organically. It brings a logical and objective lens to the relationship too early. Let your attraction for each other be based on emotion and feels for a while, instead of a rational decision. (It may only be a turn on for girls who are well over 30 and hear their biological clocks ticking.)

It's even premature for talk of exclusivity IMO. Wait at least a couple months or more for that too. Get to know the person, get to know their friends, what they're really like, etc. Give it time. Let the girl bring it up. The "what are we?" talk is like her saying your free trial period is over.

If you're really after something serious and long term, you'll have plenty of time with the person when things get serious. Don't rush it. This also has the added benefit of giving you extra time to keep your options open. Until you decide to be exclusive, keep dating around. You may find another girl you like even better and you'll be thankful you didn't commit too early.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
There are people out there who are getting married after 6 months of dating.:laugh: If you're going to wait that long then she will probably lost interest in you or think that you're not serious about her.

Sent from Android

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
You guys are quiet in here lately :p

As for me I went out with the same girl on Friday and Saturday. She asked me yesterday if I like her and I said YES without any hesitation, but honestly I am starting to feel something more than just "liking each other" although it is a little too early for that. She is going to her cousins wedding in August and she told me that she wants to go with me. I'm having this weird peace of mind whenever I'm out with her and damn does the time fly by. one hour feels like a minute.

We are seeing each other Tomorrow evening btw

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
You guys are quiet in here lately :p

As for me I went out with the same girl on Friday and Saturday. She asked me yesterday if I like her and I said YES without any hesitation, but honestly I am starting to feel something more than just "liking each other" although it is a little too early for that. She is going to her cousins wedding in August and she told me that she wants to go with me. I'm having this weird peace of mind whenever I'm out with her and damn does the time fly by. one hour feels like a minute.

We are seeing each other Tomorrow evening btw
Nice man, good luck.

Enjoy the time you spend with her but also be sure to have some time to yourself as well. Also, don't get hung up on that wedding in August. Just go with the flow and have fun. That's what it's all about.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Had a third date with a new woman yesterday and it went extremely well. I've gone on a few other dates the past few weeks but no others since our first date two weeks ago as I didn't feel the need. Date number four is already scheduled for this week and date five for next week. I am trying not to get too excited being things are still new. However, it has been a long time since I've felt chemistry like this.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Im self destructive and untrusting and scared of commitments so it's obvious that I choose to be single and die alone. Though I will say I've found that one girl but it's overly complicated. Plus, rumour around these boards is that I like gay dick. If only I knew this about myself during the 8 or 9 times I was locked up, I would've got mad jail head. Damn.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Nice man, good luck.

Enjoy the time you spend with her but also be sure to have some time to yourself as well. Also, don't get hung up on that wedding in August. Just go with the flow and have fun. That's what it's all about.
I'm trying to go with the flow, but it can be tough sometimes.:p We were together last night and it was fun. We are supposed to see each other this coming Wednesday.. She wants to go to indoor trampoline park called Skyzone. Her cousin and friend will probably go together with us. 3 girls and one guy:eek::vampire:

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I'm trying to go with the flow, but it can be tough sometimes.:p We were together last night and it was fun. We are supposed to see each other this coming Wednesday.. She wants to go to indoor trampoline park called Skyzone. Her cousin and friend will probably go together with us. 3 girls and one guy:eek::vampire:
Skyzone is fun, its a workout and a half. Jello legs once your done. Plus three ladies and trampolines what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Been single for 2 years now, and had no luck with girls because they are not very open minded to the idea of dating a deaf guy. Yes, I am deaf with cochlear implant and I can talk pretty good and read lips good as well. Are the girls afraid of dating a guy like myself? It's pretty frustrating, tho.

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Been single for 2 years now, and had no luck with girls because they are not very open minded to the idea of dating a deaf guy. Yes, I am deaf with cochlear implant and I can talk pretty good and read lips good as well. Are the girls afraid of dating a guy like myself? It's pretty frustrating, tho.
are you open about it? i'd be just open about it, not try to hide it, and see what they say.

my bet is that with a good dating profile, and if you are fun and interesting guy (don't know you sorry) i bet there will be some women who wouldn't see it as a problem.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
^^ I doubt it, you might be looking in the wrong places. Do activities you enjoy that are group based, something where you can meet people. Friends of friends? Unfortunately you can't just phone it in with dating gotta take some chances surround yourself with good people. If something is not working do something else. Mitigate your insecurities if you can, if your struggling with something, someone else might be struggling with another issue and they are insecure about it.

Take a chance you never know what might happen.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Skyzone is fun, its a workout and a half. Jello legs once your done. Plus three ladies and trampolines what are you waiting for?

I haven't met the two other girls, so I don't even know how they look. :laugh: it should be fun though:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
are you open about it? i'd be just open about it, not try to hide it, and see what they say.

my bet is that with a good dating profile, and if you are fun and interesting guy (don't know you sorry) i bet there will be some women who wouldn't see it as a problem.

Yea, I have always been open about who am I. When I told them that I am hearing impaired, the whole vibe has changed to less words and etc.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Im self destructive and untrusting and scared of commitments so it's obvious that I choose to be single and die alone. Though I will say I've found that one girl but it's overly complicated. Plus, rumour around these boards is that I like gay dick. If only I knew this about myself during the 8 or 9 times I was locked up, I would've got mad jail head. Damn.
This may be.. no .. no.. this is the Greatest thing I have ever posted. I really wish I said I got locked up so many times before because finally, all those loser ass nobodies who were following me on here has finally stopped.

Wow, like, I feel liberated. Ecstatic and hopeful. I feel like I got my privacy back on here. All those years saying off the wall **** and nobody understanding what I was going through, and the many members on here thinking I was some kind of loony-toon just going off--- It took 5 ****ing years but I tell you what, Thank God for the 110th & 109th Precinct, The boat, Rikers Island, and also those ICE agents who were very welcoming and just doing their job. **** Yes! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Yea, I have always been open about who am I. When I told them that I am hearing impaired, the whole vibe has changed to less words and etc.
Don't sweat it. Be yourself and put yourself out there. Don't worry about rejection as dating takes some time and effort. There are still some really good folks out there, you gotta weed out some trash but that's like anything worth while in life. Try online dating since you can put it right out in writing that you are hearing impaired, that in itself will weed out a lot of flakes.

Are you urban or rural? The reason why I ask is due to the potential of meeting up with a club that may cater to hearing impaired people. Someone who may be hearing impaired might be easier to see where you are coming from. Just a thought.......

Regardless, get yourself out there and good luck!

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
So yesterday I went out with the same girl that I have been dating for the past 4 or 5 weeks now to the local restaurant. There was some couple sitting together at another table and apparently she went with that guy together to high school and even elementary. This morning when I called her before she had to leave for work she said that he sent her friend request on facebook. At first I thought that why would he sent her friend request if he was with someone in the restaurant.:confused: I also asked her yesterday if they were dating in the past and she said that she just know him from school and nothing ever happened between two of them. Am I overreacting about this guy? She didn't really have to tell me this, but at lest she's honest

dating drama :facepalm:

Sent from Android

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I'd say over reacting a little bit, but not too much. Slow it down a bit and let her put some effort into it now. See what sort of response/effort you get from her when you ease off. You'll know in a week or so how interested she is in you.

The less interest you show initially will make her want you more. Are you dating anyone else, or are you two exclusive?

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
I'd say over reacting a little bit, but not too much. Slow it down a bit and let her put some effort into it now. See what sort of response/effort you get from her when you ease off. You'll know in a week or so how interested she is in you.

The less interest you show initially will make her want you more. Are you dating anyone else, or are you two exclusive?
I don't have that much money to go out with multiple girls.:p We usually go out at least twice on each week and sometimes even more than that. Very frequently she's the one telling me that she wants to see me when I'm available. We might see each later today, she wanted to go see the new Fast and Furious movie or play tennis since it's so nice outside. :shrug:

21521 - 21540 of 21671 Posts