VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn 6MT
763 Posts
24H of Daytona Qualifying Results. I really debated paying for the NBCSN trackpass to watch this, but I'm not sure if it'll be worth it. Looking forward to the race this weekend, even with the Trackpass blackouts at certain hours.

24H of Daytona Quali Results

Also - looks like Magnussen was very competitive until the team kept him out of rains while everyone else switched to slicks.

·
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Ha - are you vouching for it? I'm not sure I would get much use out of it besides non-televised IMSA races. I guess it is only $4/month...
The two times that I've used it, it's been good, but not worth it in my opinion. Since NBCSN is going away at the end of the year, it might be time to support them on their way out!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ha - are you vouching for it? I'm not sure I would get much use out of it besides non-televised IMSA races. I guess it is only $4/month...
I use it. $2.99/mo for IMSA coverage. They added the Miata Cup to the coverage this year. AFAIK it's the only way to watch all 24 hours of the Rolex race. Series like the Michelin Pilot Cup are available to watch much sooner than on NBCSN.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: Qualy race. Cadillac looks to be the early favorites and will probably win since they own Daytona. The Acura's didn't look that impressive. I'm pulling for Mazda.

GTLM hardly existed during the coverage. Made me sad.

GTD is going to be nuts during the 24. I hope it gets the coverage it deserves.

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn 6MT
763 Posts
Re: Qualy race. Cadillac looks to be the early favorites and will probably win since they own Daytona. The Acura's didn't look that impressive. I'm pulling for Mazda.
Based on the Caddy drivers, this could be intentional. They're accusing everyone else of sandbagging in hopes of a BoP adjustment.

Sandbagging Article

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can personally attest to it being worth it. The track pass feature alone is great since you get to see the entire race broadcast uninterrupted. I went ahead and bought the year at $20. Sad to hear it's confirmed of it's departure.

·
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Sad to hear it's confirmed of it's departure.
I think they are working on rebranding of TrackPass under the Peacock banner. NBCSN has too many large series under it to allow NBC to just walk away. USA may be the next NBCSN though.

·
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Alright, you convinced me. I signed up for the IMSA only at $2.99/month.
it's worth it, i really like their coverage even if i wish the announcing was dubbed over with radio lemans.

excited for Daytona this weekend, been too long and not going to a race in person for a year plus has sucked (we're close to Detroit, Mid Ohio and Road America - plus I want to make the trek to Bowmanville too soon).

·
35,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Whats the point of having you on vortex? :LOL:
I've had my hand slapped quite a few times for posting things that were embargoed. I'd like to stop having that happen. ;)

41 - 60 of 156 Posts