VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
281 - 300 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
There's a brochure on Ford's we site that lists towing capabilities for all their vehicles.
Yes according to what I could put together it was 11,200 and NOT the measly 5000. I'm trying to figure out why the dealership thinks it's only 5k

·
Registered
3,710 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Well I am booked to go get my truck on Saturday. I tried to figure out how to get it without having to drive two cars home but a one way rental through Enterprise or even Uhaul/Penske was either unavailable or expensive. Oh well, both kids want to ride home in the truck so my wife will have a nice quiet drive home. :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to book a Line X appointment as soon as possible. My local place does a fantastic job so I'm looking forward to it. Other than that I think the only thing I really need to do is order the wheel well liners once I get my Ford points.

I was hoping Ford sold Yakima BedRock HD mounts through their accessories catalog but they don't so I'll have to order those and some Yakima HD bars as well through REI or something. I went through any and all scenarios for bed racks or mounts and I think the BedRock mounts will work best for me. I can haul our cargo box and 3 bikes without a problem.

For now I will not be getting a tonneau cover. There are too many choices and I just haven't committed to one.

Reactions: Sporin

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Well I am booked to go get my truck on Saturday. I tried to figure out how to get it without having to drive two cars home but a one way rental through Enterprise or even Uhaul/Penske was either unavailable or expensive. Oh well, both kids want to ride home in the truck so my wife will have a nice quiet drive home. :ROFLMAO:

I'm going to book a Line X appointment as soon as possible. My local place does a fantastic job so I'm looking forward to it. Other than that I think the only thing I really need to do is order the wheel well liners once I get my Ford points.

I was hoping Ford sold Yakima BedRock HD mounts through their accessories catalog but they don't so I'll have to order those and some Yakima HD bars as well through REI or something. I went through any and all scenarios for bed racks or mounts and I think the BedRock mounts will work best for me. I can haul our cargo box and 3 bikes without a problem.

For now I will not be getting a tonneau cover. There are too many choices and I just haven't committed to one.
Ford make a hard cover that looks fantastic, look at the Ford accessories page

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Ford make a hard cover that looks fantastic, look at the Ford accessories page
I'm leaning towards a hard roll up cover. Not the Ford branded one though because I don't like the aluminum colored bars. A retractable one isn't my first option but isn't off the table either. I'll have to see what it's like to have the crossbars on and just use the truck a bit before investing in a cover.

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
I'm leaning towards a hard roll up cover. Not the Ford branded one though because I don't like the aluminum colored bars. A retractable one isn't my first option but isn't off the table either. I'll have to see what it's like to have the crossbars on and just use the truck a bit before investing in a cover.
I love my soft roll up but I can't swallow the cost of a hard roll up. I believe they make one though - Truxedo is the company. What spec did you order, again? I forgot! Congrats though, I'm excited, post pix!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
I love my soft roll up but I can't swallow the cost of a hard roll up. I believe they make one though - Truxedo is the company. What spec did you order, again? I forgot! Congrats though, I'm excited, post pix!
I ordered a crew cab XL with the STX package. 2.7, payload package, tow package, vinyl floors, buckets with center console.

Reactions: fireside

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #294 ·

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
Oh and it's Iconic Silver with black interior. 👍
My second F-150 was a '20 STX 2.7 SCREW in Agate Black. It's tied with my current for my favorite I think. Such a great looking truck/package, and an honest truck at that. Not pretentious, easy to use, performed well.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
My second F-150 was a '20 STX 2.7 SCREW in Agate Black. It's tied with my current for my favorite I think. Such a great looking truck/package, and an honest truck at that. Not pretentious, easy to use, performed well.
Cost was somewhat of a factor (or else I'd have ordered a Raptor 😆) but the column shifter was a must and things like unpainted door handles and the vinyl floor spoke to me since I have little kids lol. I did go with the limited slip and 3.73's too. 👍

Reactions: fireside

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
Cost was somewhat of a factor (or else I'd have ordered a Raptor 😆) but the column shifter was a must and things like unpainted door handles and the vinyl floor spoke to me since I have little kids lol. I did go with the limited slip and 3.73's too. 👍
I like the E-Locker. My current one has it, damn it's useful.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,307 Posts
I have the Ford Accessories retractable, and it’s incredible. It does take a bit of the bed, but it really does turn the truck into an SUV relative to protecting cargo.

·
Banned
4,266 Posts
I have the Ford Accessories retractable, and it’s incredible. It does take a bit of the bed, but it really does turn the truck into an SUV relative to protecting cargo.
Out of curiosity, how does the Bronco drive compared to the F150? The F150 is fairly competent for its size.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Out of curiosity, how does the Bronco drive compared to the F150? The F150 is fairly competent for its size.
Great question. I'm interested in knowing the answer myself. Hell, my long bed dually is competent for it's size. These machines are NOT like yesteryears crap. The level of engineering that goes into a Ford is world class.

281 - 300 of 337 Posts