VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 7470 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, maybe we need this, maybe we don't... I just thought it would be kind of cool to have a place where we can throw up pictures of new purchases, old loves, and all that... Here are a couple simple rules, and the mods can edit as necessary...
1. One firearm at a time (multiple pictures are ok)
2. No Nudity (I've seen some of those pixxx
, don't need this locked)
3. Constructive comments only, please... (i.e. don't be hatin on my all chrome'd out Hi-point)
I'll start things off, with a few of my own... Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
A daily carry, early 1960s S&W Model 38 Bodyguard. The color scheme was specially made for the Michican Police Suppy catalog. The CT grips aren't, however, 1960s vintage.

·
Registered
8,031 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (cxg231)

home built stag lower, lmt upper ar15

bulgarian ak74

norinco sks "D"

1957 chicom sks

1958 romanian sks in chicom furniture

1968 albanian sks

1938 mosin nagant 91/30

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (water&air)

Good lord sir this thing is awesome. I didnt know you could get the M203's, I'm happy now

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (B3-VR6)

i kinda like this one of my 90-Two:

obin

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (Obin Robinson)

Tag for later. I need to take out all of my guns one day and take some pics.
For now here is the Barrett M99

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (00boraslow)

Why do people always put things in front of their triggers - pens, knives, flashlights, etc. - when taking pictures? Hello, trigger safety?

·
Registered
15,848 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (Triumph)

Quote, originally posted by Triumph »
Why do people always put things in front of their triggers - pens, knives, flashlights, etc. - when taking pictures? Hello, trigger safety?

I know!

The first time I took a pic of my Sig, I wanted to show it in SA mode, so I thumbed the hammer back, put a pencil through the trigger guard, and tossed it onto the table.
BANG!
Now I have a hole in the table.

I suspect they're following Rule #3 and the guns aren't loaded, just like when you need to strip and clean one.... the trigger gets touched but it is OK http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
13,718 Posts

Its to prop them up so they arent laying flat.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Re: The Official Vwvortex Firearm Picture Post (.:RDriver)

Quote, originally posted by .:RDriver »

Its to prop them up so they arent laying flat.

Well obviously, but how about putting something between the slide and the table, rather than putting something right in front of the trigger?

·
Registered
13,718 Posts

Well obviously, but how about putting something between the slide and the table, rather than putting something right in front of the trigger?

Well, its not like its a big deal if you practice safe handling. Its no different than dry firing which many of us do a lot.
Check the chamber, double check it and there is no issue the way I see it.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts

As others have pointed out, the guns are double checked to be unloaded. The picture I posted above of my P38 for example, the gun was unloaded, the safety was on, and when I positioned the flashlight, you will notice that it is not actually touching the trigger.

1 - 20 of 7470 Posts