VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

7441 - 7460 of 7470 Posts

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Saw your pic and said to myself no one carries an LEM P2000 .40 by choice lol.

Anyone that says they know what we're getting doesn't know. Blue over here.:wave::beer:
lol yeah wouldnt be my first choice but as for an issued sidearm i dont really think its that bad.
i still qual with a consistent 148-150.

also just heard about that sig from the local proforce guys when buying my fat baby glock...so we'll see...
(personally i hope its a glock 19x)

What is that? Stamping the parts with the same s/n for tracing?
microstamping is stamping serialized information into the striker so that any brass left behind would be able to track down the gun used to fire it.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
What is that? Stamping the parts with the same s/n for tracing?
Stupidity, really.

Basically the striker has identifiable marks (s/n, code, whatev), so when it ignites the primer, the primer is stamped with the gun ID.

Which is all well and good, but a few problems.

1. We know about it. Therefore we can work around it- grind it, drill the primers after shooting, swap slides (Not sure if Glock S/N all pieces or just the frame), clean up the brass, etc.
2. Useless if firearm is sold, stolen, or whatever.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
(Not sure if Glock S/N all pieces or just the frame)
usually just the frame, slide and barrel...

easily worked around when you have things like Polymer80 grip kits, aftermarket barrels, strikers, slides... etc...etc... basically you could 100% build an aftermarket "glock" with all the parts being available so readily...

·
Registered
46,451 Posts
Stupidity, really.

Basically the striker has identifiable marks (s/n, code, whatev), so when it ignites the primer, the primer is stamped with the gun ID.

Which is all well and good, but a few problems.

1. We know about it. Therefore we can work around it- grind it, drill the primers after shooting, swap slides (Not sure if Glock S/N all pieces or just the frame), clean up the brass, etc.
2. Useless if firearm is sold, stolen, or whatever.
No one using a gun with microstamping will pick up his brass to grind/drill the primers. It would be more likely that they would run a file over the end of the firing pin to eliminate the microstamping if that is where it is put. If it is on the inside of the chamber, you could probably run some fine sandpaper in it to eliminate that. Or just pick up the brass and dispose of it elsewhere. But in reality, criminals aren't usually that savvy anyway.

If the gun is stolen or sold, at least the police can trace the gun back to the first point of sale and to the first owner. If the store legitimately sold the gun and the first owner legitimately and legally sold the gun (or had it stolen and reported the theft), then they have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Picked up an awesome "last ditch" Type 99 Arisaka, all matching numbers and great bore. I can't read the year of manufacture stamp but quick research shows the features of this rifle put it into 1945. There's no import marks either, so this rifle has been in the US for awhile. I'm guessing its probably a bring back that was liberated after the rifle was surrendered.

Just realized I never posted the Enfield No.4 Mk2 I picked up from my buddy a couple weeks ago. All matching, appears to be an early contract rifle built between the Irish and South African contracts in early 1950.

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
went to the range this weekend for a little target therapy, and this little beauty ended up following me home....

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Recently picked up this P226 West Germany made in the early 90's... great condition for as old as it is with no marks or wear...

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Nice 226... dude at work has one that's been sitting in his safe for like a decade. I need him to sell it to me. LOL
Yeah, its got a date code of '94.... the guy i got it off of bought it new...said he only fired it a few times, if that much, then in to his safe it went, and it shows. It's super clean, no wear on the finish. I'm probably just going to do the same with it since i picked up the tac-ops a few weeks ago... but i feel it was a good trade for my vp9.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
because there hasnt been any mention of it...

not sure why the pic has front serrations on the 26

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
What a cluster**** of a pistol. What's the point of the slide interchangeability? No one is going to be authorized to run a 19 slide on the 47 frame. Did we really ask for those mag baseplates?? Why couldn't they be flush with side cutouts like 99% of pistols out there? I read the only reason Glock got the contract was price, otherwise the 320 scored marginally better in all categories especially in the subjective categories like how the pistol feels, ergos etc. I would have loved an X-Compact but I suppose the Glock will get the job done.:beer:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Read the SOW. Those plates were specifically requested.
"4.1.10.7 Shall incorporate a beveled magazine well, with beveling on all inside edges at the entrance of the magazine well to aid in reloading. No more than 0.1” of standard magazine (not including floorplate) shall be visible on front and sides of firearm when fully seated in magwell.
4.1.10.8 Entire front edge of magazine well shall be equal in height from left to right corners. "

I read it differently than how they applied the requirement. We didn't want the front cut in the magwell like current Gen Glocks for stripping mags but we'll add a duckbill to the floorplates that acts as the same thing. :screwy:

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,648 Posts
Page 10 said:
4.1.17.10 Magazine floor plate shall:
4.1.17.10.4 Toe of the magazine shall extend past the firearm grip to enable positive gripping and rapid manual extraction of the magazine if the magazine is locked in place as a result of a malfunction (e.g. double feed) or if the shooter wears gloves.
This is what happens when you give a bunch of 'tards a survey and actually adhere to the results.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
yeah i would think those "claw" base plates would act like a pinky rest and actually be helpful to strip the mag in an emergency reload situation.

I would also suspect that we will get a choice of 47 and 19 to duty carry while SRT will end up getting the 26

though i question if this could mean we will be covered by the agency if we choose to carry a 26 for off duty

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
7441 - 7460 of 7470 Posts