VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mojave Beige Metallic 2001 GTi
5,761 Posts
Those look quite nice! Here are some pics of the play that developed in the trans side 034 track density mount, as well as the engine side mount. I sectioned the subframe and added the bracing, made solid subframe mounts as well. I've been meaning to put a thread together of my mk4 build, it's got fun design and fab work all over it. Eventually I'll get to it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up on the 034 mounts,Im currently in the market for performance mounts and will go with the bfi's after seeing what happened to your 034's. Btw, that subframe is fkn sick!

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

Have to be careful swapping the transistor over as it's glued in to the old case and kind of hard to get out. Also have to hammer out the roll pin for the cut key and install it in the switchblade base in the new one. Had to dremel the key a bit for it to slid in, but otherwise it was pretty easy.
Thanks for the info man,been overdue for new shells on my Mk4 keys 🍻

·
Registered
5,761 Posts

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Thanks for the jinx. It was fine, then I looked again inside for the owner's manual and it was on just one hinge then. Went back later to see if possibly my Jetta door would fit it and the other snapped. Just like that, looks like I'll have some jerry rigging to do with an old belt or something.
😂It was bound to break bud, I have a rebuild kit for the hinges that I ordered from some dude in poland or something like 7 years ago. Never got around to doing the repair,still have the kit unused if you want it? Pay shipping and it's yours (y)

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
You notice an improve with the bracket bushings? Been debating on those! Also maybe get a Sigma 5. Have an audit TT short shifter at the moment. Its solid but could be improved.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I have the sigma 5 and urotuning solid bracket bushings. It's amazing,I did just the sigma 5 kit first with the stock bracket bushings and it wasn't that great compared to now. Definitely recommend the combo (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts