VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
9601 - 9620 of 9670 Posts

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Did some things to mine yesterday, and finished it up after work today. I got an IE combi valve blockoff plate, which allowed me to get rid of that and the associated spaghetti that goes with it. The vacuum system is a little more consolidated now.
I got a little nervous when filling up with more coolant, definitely had a lot of air in the system from removing the side flange. Temps were getting pretty hot. After letting it sit and bleed itself overnight thru the expansion tank the Temps are back to normal. Cleaned and re-oiled my air filter too.
On to the pics. Yes my bay is dirty..
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Car
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Grille
Black Asphalt Road surface Black-and-white Grey

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Holy smokes! What did you hit that caused that carnage?
Might have been the Golf that I race, my wife driving at the race, and a big rock and tree.

Lots of details in my project post. Took me a little while to fix the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
(Not today but recently) Replaced my ball joints, tie rods (inner & outer), and lower control arms on my 01 Wolfsburg. And shortly there after an alignment. I was possibly a few threads off lol

·
Registered
870 Posts
Boser hood install, well 90% installed lol, no more gapplebee's though. I still have to do the passenger side but, almost finished, just ran outta work time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Replaced the fuel filter on it and re-routed a few lines in the engine bay.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Very unique look, never seen that front bumper before. (y)
Thanks. It's a UK bumper if I remember correctly, so I'm the only one state side with it. Your supposed to install Audi lights in it which I bought, which absolutely dont fit so I gotta make some adjustments to mount them.

I plan on doing sequential switch back strips inside the housing an then modify to fit. Hope that comes out ok. It's coming together though. I guarantee you've never seen the rear bumper b4 either. Check dat ass out

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
The front bumper reminds me a lot of a Mk5 jetta front. I've seen this before years ago in a shop on the wall for sale, but not on an actual car.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The front bumper reminds me a lot of a Mk5 jetta front. I've seen this before years ago in a shop on the wall for sale, but not on an actual car.
10 points 4 u, that's what I said at 1st too. I think it's loosely based from a mk5 but still resembles the mk4 just without the mouth cuz that's was the next model.

If u paint an color coordinate. It's honestly the same thing

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
LOL!

9601 - 9620 of 9670 Posts