·
Registered
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Oh wow. When will it be road worthy??

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
It’s drivable now. Needs a right rear taillight and both headlights are bad. Internal wiring has sheathing flaking off. ABS, airbag, brake lights on. Typical VAG issues. Hoping for just a poor ground wire. Needs a new fluid dampener? pulley on the crank. Can see it wobbling when engine is running.

Anyone want an o2m tranny, axles, and 400tq capable clutch(still in box)? Need to move some of these mk4 bits for A4 bits now.

Reactions: watercooledbeast

·
Registered
2003 Jetta TDI, 2002 Golf 2.0L
8 Posts
Bought Goo Gone to finish de-badging the trunk. Left the headlights on while going inside the store for the 218398292th time. I really need to figure out how to install a buzzer that'll sound if the driver's door opens with the headlights on.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Bought Goo Gone to finish de-badging the trunk. Left the headlights on while going inside the store for the 218398292th time. I really need to figure out how to install a buzzer that'll sound if the driver's door opens with the headlights on.
Cant you just replace the speaker on the cluster?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-M317F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 20th AE GTI #2728
416 Posts
Fix your drivers door switch 👍

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I ordered up some new rear suspension. I'm staying with Koni yellows, normally I'm a Bilstein guy but I like the adjustability on the Konis. I also went with Urotunings HD rear shock mounts. Not cheap but the lifetime warranty is hard to beat. It's too bad I didn't buy these, could've just sent them to Koni and they'd rebuild/replace them for free. Oh well.

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
131 Posts
I replaced my evap vac line. Had silicone that was letting moisture and vapor through. New rubber hose seems to have made quite a difference.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Installing the rear Konis and new mounts was not uneventful. Some awesome (insert sarcasm here) person stripped some threads on one of the upper mount bolt holes. They also decided to over torque the other bolt to I guess compensate? So I ended up making my own thread chaser with one of the bolts. It luckily worked and was able to install new bolts with lock washers.
So here's pics of the fun.
Automotive tire Asphalt Road surface Gas Automotive wheel system
Grey Automotive tire Gas Bumper Tool
Car Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
303 Posts
Installing the rear Konis and new mounts was not uneventful. Some awesome (insert sarcasm here) person stripped some threads on one of the upper mount bolt holes. They also decided to over torque the other bolt to I guess compensate? So I ended up making my own thread chaser with one of the bolts. It luckily worked and was able to install new bolts with lock washers.
So here's pics of the fun. View attachment 122459 View attachment 122460 View attachment 122461
Those Hotchkis sway bars are an awesome upgrade, I put those on and never looked back lol

slow is smooth, smooth is fast!!!

9621 - 9640 of 9670 Posts