VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
9641 - 9660 of 9670 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
After 1 year and 5 months of ownership I parted ways with my little girl. She was my first car, will always have a special place in my heart. First track days with her, went to Nurburgring with her, learned a lot about mechanics with her. Met a lot of amazing people and went for mountain runs and roadtrips with her.

Last picture I took of her. Last wash I gave her.

Broke my heart to see her drive away. Ended up getting equivalent to 5000USD for her. Not worth it, there's something money cant give you.
And those are memories

·
Registered
303 Posts
After 1 year and 5 months of ownership I parted ways with my little girl. She was my first car, will always have a special place in my heart. First track days with her, went to Nurburgring with her, learned a lot about mechanics with her. Met a lot of amazing people and went for mountain runs and roadtrips with her.

Last picture I took of her. Last wash I gave her.

Broke my heart to see her drive away. Ended up getting equivalent to 5000USD for her. Not worth it, there's something money cant give you.
And those are memories
@cbaumy34 same question why did you sell it, and what are you going to replace it with?

slow is smooth, smooth is fast!!!

·
Registered
2002 Rave Green GTI 2014 Black Magic Pearl GTI
4,940 Posts
Just picked this up a couple weekends ago. 2002 1.8t GTI in rave green. It needs some love but I'm excited to own it.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
@cbaumy34 same question why did you sell it, and what are you going to replace it with?

slow is smooth, smooth is fast!!!
Oh man!! Why did you let it go??

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Had to let her go as I am leaving the country and couldn't take her with me. I wanted to get an E36 and boost it but where I am now its full of Toyotas. Might import something from Japan even!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Had to let her go as I am leaving the country and couldn't take her with me. I wanted to get an E36 and boost it but where I am now its full of Toyotas. Might import something from Japan even!
Where did you end up at? I can sympathize with losing it. I’ve had mine longer than some of my kids.

Reactions: watercooledbeast

·
Registered
93 Posts
Passed PA inspection but only after replacing the transmission mount and the rear passenger brake line and caliper (which they said crumbled when they touched it).

She lives on for another year!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Where did you end up at? I can sympathize with losing it. I’ve had mine longer than some of my kids.
Asia! I am considering buying a motorbike/adventure bike with the money that I got for my car and tour around. Will be a whole other experience. I am honestly suprised I ended up getting the equivalent of 5k for my car!
There are plenty of 90's Honda civic's around with VTEC for cheap. 2k dollars for sub 80k mile models. Maybe B or K series swap and Boost it?? Hehehe...

Also considering dumping money into Crypto or Stock market and then getting a return investment in a couple of months and buying something nice with that. There are plenty of Nissan Silvia's and Toyota's around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Picked up a 2001 reflex silver with black leather interior vr6 gti from the original owner with a very extensive maintenance history.

Washed it inside and out. Put the valve cover hose that goes from the air box to the valve cover back on, installed a new air filter, and replaced the front brake pads and rotors.

there’s a few things I need to do still, new suspension and mounting hardware and replace a leaking a heat exchanger hose, the original is in there, squishy and bloated, it should be here in a day or two.

So pumped to finally have a vw, I’ve wanted one since high school just never found the right one.

9641 - 9660 of 9670 Posts