VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
9661 - 9680 of 9744 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
You notice an improve with the bracket bushings? Been debating on those! Also maybe get a Sigma 5. Have an audit TT short shifter at the moment. Its solid but could be improved.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mojave Beige Metallic 2001 GTi
5,762 Posts
You notice an improve with the bracket bushings? Been debating on those! Also maybe get a Sigma 5. Have an audit TT short shifter at the moment. Its solid but could be improved.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I have the sigma 5 and urotuning solid bracket bushings. It's amazing,I did just the sigma 5 kit first with the stock bracket bushings and it wasn't that great compared to now. Definitely recommend the combo (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed the Diesel Geek shifter bushing kit, replaced a heat exchanger hose and ordered a new shift boot and knob.
https://www.vwvortex.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,********redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.vwvortex.com/attachments/b31fc0f5-a12d-4b3c-a023-7af9d0904ff9-jpeg.125918/
Hey wait a minute, do we both have silver diesel manual two doors? :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Debated on repairing or replacing the damaged bumper. Haven't even finished it b4 someone backed into it....... getting a new one. Slightly damaged Euro bumper for sale soon....

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
01 Golf, and Jetta, Both 2.0aeg 5 speed, also a 99 beetle about to be for sale
240 Posts
Debated on repairing or replacing the damaged bumper. Haven't even finished it b4 someone backed into it....... getting a new one. Slightly damaged Euro bumper for sale soon....

that is quite the crease in the bumper. Looks like it took it all eh?

·
Registered
874 Posts
that is quite the crease in the bumper. Looks like it took it all eh?
Yep, broke the clips right off. Where they connect is in a very stupid spot btw. A real pain to take off an put on. I'll be doing quick connect clips under the flares when the new bumper comes in, it did fit pretty good b4 hand though with no modifications. A real shop would've made it fit flawless. Was good enough 4 me

·
Registered
Mk4 VR6, Mk2 16v, E30, P71, Accord DD
4,285 Posts
Today, I beat on my Mk4 hard, dozens of 6500 RPM shifts. 25 miles of commuting during today, 10 miles of outright assault earlier this evening (I live a mile from the greatest highway I've ever driven). The season is almost over. I need this as often as possible before I'm relegated only to my very rotten but very comfortable DD Honda during the upcoming salt season.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What highway is that? I am heading to upstate NY for two months, but as you said, the season is over.

Have driven to Angeles Crest, up to Newcomb's Ranch? Use Google Maps to look at the drive from La Cañada Flintridge to Newcomb's Ranch.

Today, I beat on my Mk4 hard, dozens of 6500 RPM shifts. 25 miles of commuting during today, 10 miles of outright assault earlier this evening (I live a mile from the greatest highway I've ever driven). The season is almost over. I need this as often as possible before I'm relegated only to my very rotten but very comfortable DD Honda during the upcoming salt season.
Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
mk4 12v vr6 gti
34 Posts
Replaced the intake shifter rod, bushings and o-rings on the ends. No more rattling between 3 and 4k rpm's. Also removed about 2 1/2 inches of foam on the drivers seat bottom, removed the foam at an angle sloping towards the back, being 6'3" my head was hitting the ceiling, the driving position is improved and I fit much better now.

·
Registered
12,756 Posts
9661 - 9680 of 9744 Posts