VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10201 - 10220 of 10319 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll check them out, thanks!Looks good, I see a 40s in a Bag sticker... one of my favorite shows! Maybe we've met at some point?
I've looked around a bit but was last years 40s the last one? I don't see anything saying there's one being held this year..
No 40’s this year, Aaron passed the torch to a local group but there was issues trying to secure a location. The word is 2023 it’ll be back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CURRENT: GTI 1.8T mk4 / Touareg mk2 PAST: Jetta 2.5L mk5, Jetta 2.0L mk3, Golf GL mk4, Scirocco mk1
83 Posts
Put the $17 eBay euro switch in, no more drl’s.
I’ve been wondering about those and if they are gtg. I don’t mind DRL but I’d like to be able to turn on just the city lights if I chose. Do they seem of good quality? What modes do they have? No light / city light / cities & low beam?

I also want a brushed one to match my AE trim which is what got me lookin....

·
Registered
mk4 12v vr6 gti
80 Posts
I’ve been wondering about those and if they are gtg. I don’t mind DRL but I’d like to be able to turn on just the city lights if I chose. Do they seem of good quality? What modes do they have? No light / city light / cities & low beam?

I also want a brushed one to match my AE trim which is what got me lookin....
I’m not sure the one I got is a euro switch copy, the drl’s are still on in the “off” position, so there’s that, city lights and on. I bent the tfl pin on the back of the new switch so the drl’s aren’t on. If I end up not liking it, not likely, I can put the stock switch back and be out $17.

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
488 Posts

·
Registered
mk4 12v vr6 gti
80 Posts
I've confirmed the following is a pretty good Euro switch copy. It uses a pcb design similar to OEM if you want to do the rear foglight led mod, and it has the same mechanical mechanism. Just godda wait a month lol.

View attachment 183472
And this one when it’s “off” there’s no drl’s?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Rear beam bushing time.

Man, those were tore up! How do you know when they are bad and were are they difficult to install?
I'm checking the powerflex ones out on ECS. All my suspension work has mainly been on the front. Newish Control Arms, Aftermarket sway bar bushings, VF-Engineering sway bar end links, etc.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Man, those were tore up! How do you know when they are bad and were are they difficult to install?
I'm checking the powerflex ones out on ECS. All my suspension work has mainly been on the front. Newish Control Arms, Aftermarket sway bar bushings, VF-Engineering sway bar end links, etc.
Honestly at this age it’s worth doing it regardless of miles. This car was 199k but I’m sure anything over 100 is due for them. Cupra R’s are an oem+ mod and should last longer than powerflex.

Install wasn’t that bad. Just getting the beam back in after. I didn’t pull it fully. Just dropped it down so it was harder to work with.

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
488 Posts
Added power steering fluid, thing was empty! I was wondering why it had gotten a bit noisier when turning. It was sitting for two years when previous owner had it so I’m not surprised

Should probably check the power steering pressure sensor for leaks. That fluid aint cheap.

·
Registered
CURRENT: GTI 1.8T mk4 / Touareg mk2 PAST: Jetta 2.5L mk5, Jetta 2.0L mk3, Golf GL mk4, Scirocco mk1
83 Posts
Got some new tires today. Went with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 after reading a lot of experienced opinions on them. I live in western WA and it rains here almost a good 3/4 of the year and on occasion I travel through the pass in light snow for hiking during winter so they seemed a good fit for me. I took the opportunity to wash the old girl and of course it started raining about an hour after. That gave me a good chance to see how they do in fresh rain. The tires are MUCH grippier than the worn out Pirrellis I had on previously and more than the relatively new all seasons I had on my Jetta before I got rid of that. I dig them so far but we’ll see.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Got some new tires today. Went with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 after reading a lot of experienced opinions on them. I live in western WA and it rains here almost a good 3/4 of the year and on occasion I travel through the pass in light snow for hiking during winter so they seemed a good fit for me. I took the opportunity to wash the old girl and of course it started raining about an hour after. That gave me a good chance to see how they do in fresh rain. The tires are MUCH grippier than the worn out Pirrellis I had on previously and more than the relatively new all seasons I had on my Jetta before I got rid of that. I dig them so far but we’ll see.
View attachment 184755
Nice, I don't think you'll be disappointed in those.

·
Registered
2003 20th AE GTI #2728
612 Posts
View attachment 184755
Good choice! I have always had great luck with Continental's. Car looks good, nice 20th lip!!

10201 - 10220 of 10319 Posts