VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10221 - 10240 of 10319 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Installed the 25mm h&r rear sway bar I ordered. Also ordered a new catalytic converter and gaskets for it, pretty sure the one on now is original and it's causing the p0420 code weekly.
Nice! How do you like the sway bar? I did a front and rear sway bar install on a Miata this past weekend and I really liked the feel of the rear end when turning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
CURRENT: GTI 1.8T mk4 / Touareg mk2 PAST: Jetta 2.5L mk5, Jetta 2.0L mk3, Golf GL mk4, Scirocco mk1
83 Posts

·
Registered
mk4 12v vr6 gti
80 Posts
Nice! How do you like the sway bar? I did a front and rear sway bar install on a Miata this past weekend and I really liked the feel of the rear end when turning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven't driven it yet. Installed and went inside, I'll report back after driving it a few times.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Got my exhaust installed.
eG SOLID/XI Autowerks catback. Sounds good, louder than I was expecting as its always been referenced against Milltek. I'll get a sound clip up soon.

Need to buy some new hangers, the rear subframe one is really sagging and causes the exhaust to move more than it should. Going to look at buying an OEM replacement or a Poly hanger and try to get it to fit.

Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Sky Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Wheel
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Hood Grille Table Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Got my exhaust installed.
eG SOLID/XI Autowerks catback. Sounds good, louder than I was expecting as its always been referenced against Milltek. I'll get a sound clip up soon.

Need to buy some new hangers, the rear subframe one is really sagging and causes the exhaust to move more than it should. Going to look at buying an OEM replacement or a Poly hanger and try to get it to fit.

View attachment 185079
View attachment 185078 View attachment 185081 View attachment 185082 View attachment 185080

·
Registered
mk4 12v vr6 gti
80 Posts
I haven't driven it yet. Installed and went inside, I'll report back after driving it a few times.
Installed the 25mm h&r rear sway bar I ordered. Also ordered a new catalytic converter and gaskets for it, pretty sure the one on now is original and it's causing the p0420 code weekly.
Drove the car on a lot of backroads I've driven for many years in cars that handle better than the mk4, r56 MINI, ep3 Civic si, '88 Mazda 323 gtx, and with the rear sway bar the mk4 is much better. Feels like it corners much flatter. I also have Bilstein struts and shocks with Neuspeed sport springs, poly control arm bushings, poly sway bar bushings and sway bar links and, front upper strut bar and poly steering rack bushings. I think it would be even better if I didn't have the random tires that came on the wheels I found on Craigslist, I have other tires but haven't put them on yet.

·
Registered
1999 Golf GTI 2.slow, 2001 Golf GTI 1.8t
485 Posts
Maybe mine is what sounds like it’s whistling on cold starts, hmm.
If it whistles for 100 seconds during a cold start, then most likely.

I used 18-8 Stainless Steel 40mm long M4 Socket Head Screws and Nylon locknuts, which I torqued to 2.5 Nm. I should have also grabbed some washers, but it seems to hold well enough.

10221 - 10240 of 10319 Posts