VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10241 - 10260 of 10319 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Delete it! I replaced the banjo bolt on my power steering pump from a car that doesn't have the pressure switch and I've had zero issues.
I did the same, I'm still not sure what the pressure switch really does...Maybe a warning light when it's too low?
Thank you, I should be able to search how to do this for peace of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I've developed an odd issue with the 20th, when I'm in boost the needle on my guage has been flickering. It still runs more or less fine... I thought at first maybe the boost guage took a dump. I scanned it with Obdeleven and got some codes, the most alarming was for ECM intermittent connection failure. I'll include a screen shot. So guys what should I do?
I'm thinking I'll start by unplugging the ECU and cleaning the plug and connection on the ECU itself. I hope the ECU isn't done for.
Computer Font Screenshot Personal computer Multimedia

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Doesn't 01314 mean it's having trouble communicating to other control modules?

Try scanning your ABS controller and see if there's any codes.
I'll try again in a bit, you may be on to something. The faults that came were in the Brake control unit, no faults were shown that were engine related. Also this is tuned with immobilizer defeat which may explain part of my issue, although I shouldn't have a running issue either way..

·
Registered
CURRENT: GTI 1.8T mk4 / Touareg mk2 PAST: Jetta 2.5L mk5, Jetta 2.0L mk3, Golf GL mk4, Scirocco mk1
83 Posts
10241 - 10260 of 10319 Posts