VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

227721 - 227740 of 232670 Posts

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
40,151 Posts
covered this in the morning. you can thank millennials who want trophies and achievements for menial tasks.
this morning? I don’t have time to sit around all day like some of you. there are still plenty of people out in the world that aren’t WFH, so I apologize that I can’t keep up.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
this morning? I don’t have time to sit around all day like some of you. there are still plenty of people out in the world that aren’t WFH, so I apologize that I can’t keep up.
I'll overlook your latent hostility and passive aggressiveness and accept your heartfelt apology.

😁

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
12,736 Posts
Ads aren't a big problem. I haven't found a way to clean up the side bar on the right. I can get them away temporarily, but refreshing the page brings them back. The premium membership features is supposed to clean that up, and that's probably one way they're steering people in that direction.

Also, getting rid of the avatars also hides your avatar/account tile in the top bar, at least in the method I found. If you want to change any account settings, you can unhide the avatars, do your account thing, and hide it again.
Use the ad blocker to block the sidebar. At least with ad block plus, you can select elements on the page to block. Make sure you're blocking the correct element, as there are many nested inside of others. Like, if you're just blocking a specific post or avatar or sidebar message and not the entire element, it'll come back when it reloads. If you block the element that houses all of it, it won't come back.

It's not just ads, and you can leave those on if you like.

·
Registered
39,009 Posts

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,034 Posts
if that dog was a cat it wouldnt need someone to catch it.

·
17,761 Posts

·
17,761 Posts
Is there nowhere at the bottom of the page (below the last post) to go back to the main forum index?
the breadcrumbs are below the Recommended Reading and look to be a part of the footer.

·
17,761 Posts
Yes, I'm listening to Christmas music, and no, Michael Buble should not be singing Santa Baby.

·
Registered
23,455 Posts
Use the ad blocker to block the sidebar. At least with ad block plus, you can select elements on the page to block. Make sure you're blocking the correct element, as there are many nested inside of others. Like, if you're just blocking a specific post or avatar or sidebar message and not the entire element, it'll come back when it reloads. If you block the element that houses all of it, it won't come back.

It's not just ads, and you can leave those on if you like.
I'll try adblock later at home when I get a chance. At work I'm using other extensions for ads and the avatars.

·
Registered
39,009 Posts
Also just figured out that you can bold tag text with asterisks. OK, whatever... I've seen that before.

I'm so used to auto-censoring my own text that if I have two words in the same sentence, it can turn "this is * * * * ing bull * * * * " into "this is ing bull"

Just type it out and let the software edit it.

227721 - 227740 of 232670 Posts