VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

227781 - 227800 of 230364 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
Hey fancy guy, gotta figure out in about 4 months what good pizza is over that way. And any good chinese carry outs.
Finally moving, huh? Congrats!

Now we definitely need a spring OT Katie's Car & Coffee gathering. @Pizza Cat will drive whatever car he has that's actually running.

·
Registered
82,848 Posts
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 Inductee Class includes Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G., T-Rex.
Amazon Music has a playlist for this 2020 R&R HOF inductees..and is an odd mix.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 Inductee Class includes Depeche Mode, The Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G., T-Rex.
Amazon Music has a playlist for this 2020 R&R HOF inductees..and is an odd mix.
Who can we induct that a) won't come b) can't come c) so insignificant no one would want to come watch.

·
Registered
82,848 Posts
Who can we induct that a) won't come b) can't come c) so insignificant no one would want to come watch.
Careful what you say about DM. Them could be fightin' words. lol.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
yup, and got the 4th wii controller on the way so after the kids are unconscious we can have 2v2 wii sports tennis matches, or golf games...
Wait, so, it's happening? Really happening? It's about flippin' time.
Yup, wife is now employed at the University down there in HR, so we are moving as soon as this school year is kinda done. It's only kindergarten so it's not really a holdup.
Finally moving, huh? Congrats!

Now we definitely need a spring OT Katie's Car & Coffee gathering. @Pizza Cat will drive whatever car he has that's actually running.
I bet if it gets coordinated with enough advanced notice a certain someone could fabricate biohazard helmets with coffee coozies and yellow sofa decals.

Will add you McGames & Flames. Will get deets from PizzaCat
Awesome. I'm honestly terrified of this entire thing. Already packing and it's just nauseating.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
14,534 Posts
Obviously it’s much easier to own your stuff these days.
You're going to drive yourself insane arguing semantics with people who aren't in the industry, have never had a huge contract presented to them that also included signing away your rights to your product and are now living the "hindsight is 20/20" lifestyle and acting like they know how they'd act in a situation they couldn't be farther from.

It's "Friday" cut out early, grab a beer and enjoy the long weekend! 🍺

·
Registered
82,848 Posts
I just talked to my mother to confirm the visit tomorrow and that I will wear a mask.
She said "Come on up, we have plenty of toilet paper."
Is she making fun of my bowels, or are we in another paper product run?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
14,534 Posts

·
Registered
82,848 Posts
Here we are again where I can't tell if you're trolling or just clueless.
I haven't bought paper products in a long time, and avoid the stores unless I have to buy something.
That, and I had a bad viral eye infection that I am now just getting over (was actually wearing a patch) and thus went nowhere.
Clueless... how about "uninformed"?
And based on your comment, I will assume that yes, we are actually in another paper product run.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,053 Posts
It's "Friday" cut out early, grab a beer and enjoy the long weekend! 🍺
I've got a server on the fritz. May end up working tomorrow and Friday.

It really do be like that sometimes.

·
Nothing is Real
1,655 Posts
I’m luckily wfh today so I ran some errands and got some reports done. Nothing much left to do and I’m off in an hour anyway.

CSB on the topic of ****ty contracts and suits making the decisions: my friend played in that crap band Trapt just before they had their one hit. He told them to pound sand after they tried to alter his drumming style, among other things and didn’t want to pay him. Well, not his playing but his arm swinging, they wanted him to basically look like a bird flying away and this guy was one of the most precise technical drummers I’ve ever known. He joined the army in his 30’s and will probably be in until he retires. Miss that dude and I miss watching him play drums.

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
4,904 Posts
I’m luckily wfh today so I ran some errands and got some reports done. Nothing much left to do and I’m off in an hour anyway.

CSB on the topic of ****ty contracts and suits making the decisions: my friend played in that crap band Trapt just before they had their one hit. He told them to pound sand after they tried to alter his drumming style, among other things and didn’t want to pay him. Well, not his playing but his arm swinging, they wanted him to basically look like a bird flying away and this guy was one of the most precise technical drummers I’ve ever known. He joined the army in his 30’s and will probably be in until he retires. Miss that dude and I miss watching him play drums.
It's all about the showmanship, doncha know.

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,373 Posts
It's a slow day so I watched Doug DeMuro's review of the new F-150. At the very end of the video an Amtrak train goes by in the background. Went on Google Maps, traced the train line up from San Diego and voila, found where he films his videos..

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
It's all about the showmanship, doncha know.
Stage presence, dontchaknow.

If your stage presence falls short of audience expectations (which, granted, are unreasonably high), no one will really get behind the band.

"They sounded ok, but they just stood there on stage. Probably sang to a track." - Unreasonable Fan.

227781 - 227800 of 230364 Posts