VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

227801 - 227820 of 232499 Posts

·
Premium Member
987.2 | Miata | GTI
5,012 Posts
Stage presence, dontchaknow.

If your stage presence falls short of audience expectations (which, granted, are unreasonably high), no one will really get behind the band.

"They sounded ok, but they just stood there on stage. Probably sang to a track." - Unreasonable Fan.
I remember seeing Less Than Jake at the Key Club in Hollywood almost 20 years ago. They had a guy dressed in a full skeleton costume and all he did was dance around like a maniac in the background, and used one of those confetti guns at the end to shower the sweaty crowd after the encore.

That was fun.

·
Registered
South Florida
5,046 Posts
It doesn't show your location any more. I liked knowing the location of people I'm chatting with on here.

·
Nothing is Real
1,810 Posts
My buddy was definitely not a statue on stage, he definitely had stage presence.

They wanted this:

Which is just... why?

His playing was more like this (old band):

Don’t mind the video, it’s from the meth head ex bassist who has no idea how to get an mp3 onto a video but it was all I could find.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
You're going to drive yourself insane arguing semantics with people who aren't in the industry, have never had a huge contract presented to them that also included signing away your rights to your product and are now living the "hindsight is 20/20" lifestyle and acting like they know how they'd act in a situation they couldn't be farther from.

It's "Friday" cut out early, grab a beer and enjoy the long weekend! 🍺
And wasn't there an agent, manager, and attorney reviewing what he signed?

It's common for the "talent" to take money up front and forgo the long term ownership of their "work." It's how the entertainment industry works.

In the case of Taylor Swift, she got a huge advance in exchange for the master rights of her first 6 albums. She and the the guy that bought her original record company have some sort of disagreement. He recently sold the masters to an equity firm for something like $300 million. She was given the opportunity to buy them but had to sign a non-disparagment agreement before negotiating. She declined. The equity firm wasn't allowed to tell her they were negotiating to buy the masters. They reached out to her after making the purchase saying they'd like to work with her. Again she declined as the original guy was going to get a cut of any revenue in the future. As noted, she is re-recording of all the music on those albums as is her right as the original artist.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hey I have that same cordhider dealio...

Congrats on the move. I know it's gut wrenching, but it'll be worth it in the end.

We are about 80% into the new house. One more trip tomorrow to grab the deep freeze, mowers, snow tires, and some other stuff. My body hates me right now.

Need deets on the cord hider. Wall mount showed up today for the living room.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Congrats on the move. I know it's gut wrenching, but it'll be worth it in the end.

We are about 80% into the new house. One more trip tomorrow to grab the deep freeze, mowers, snow tires, and some other stuff. My body hates me right now.

Need deets on the cord hider. Wall mount showed up today for the living room.
Thanks, it's not going to be fun, and I dread taking over Mom's house and fixing it up. It'll never be true McMansion NoVA luxury but it's not WV so....there is that.

Hopefully that link works but it's a racetrack style cover, 2 clips and the basic white cover, easy to paint to match the wall. Decent enough but would have rather punched out a route behind the wall...but we knew we were moving eventually, one less thing to fix in a few months.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
It’s officially Christmas

That screen shot deserves to be on Kimmel's "Selective Editing." Is he givin' the business to the guy trying to find his luggage? A little reach around?

I remember seeing Less Than Jake at the Key Club in Hollywood almost 20 years ago. They had a guy dressed in a full skeleton costume and all he did was dance around like a maniac in the background, and used one of those confetti guns at the end to shower the sweaty crowd after the encore.

That was fun.
A buddy from middle school and high school went to Stanford and got a music degree. Played drums. Been in a few rock bands, started his own. Oh, and he was part of the Blue Man Group in Vegas. He's been showboating ever since he sat behind the drums.

·
Registered
23,445 Posts
KidL has been watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special. I appreciate the hell out of Vince Guaraldi, but jeebus rice, that Peppermint Patty is a Grade A beyotch the way she goes off on old Chuck. And I'm thinking now about the Christmas special, where a couple of the girls give him grief. Wouldn't be surprised to find a grown-up Charlie with a stack of bags of lye in his shed just cleansing his soul from the spite and bitchiness he experienced. I think I'm just getting old and cranky and fed up with people's isht.
And KidL found a Christmas radio station. We have ongoing negotiations on how long we listen each day. I can't take that stuff every day for the next month or so. Nope, sorry, honey, daddy has limits to his patience. :D

·
Registered
23,445 Posts
Weird, it did initially, right? I checked my settings and have a location with it set to display.
I'm not seeing them, either. It's a shame, I between the voting and COVID thread, i often checked people's locations relative to how they were describing things going on around them. It would be nice to have that back consistently.

·
Registered
29,747 Posts
KidL has been watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special. I appreciate the hell out of Vince Guaraldi, but jeebus rice, that Peppermint Patty is a Grade A beyotch the way she goes off on old Chuck. And I'm thinking now about the Christmas special, where a couple of the girls give him grief. Wouldn't be surprised to find a grown-up Charlie with a stack of bags of lye in his shed just cleansing his soul from the spite and bitchiness he experienced. I think I'm just getting old and cranky and fed up with people's isht.
And KidL found a Christmas radio station. We have ongoing negotiations on how long we listen each day. I can't take that stuff every day for the next month or so. Nope, sorry, honey, daddy has limits to his patience. :D
Charlie Brown grew up to be John Wayne Gacy, Jr.. 🤡

·
Registered
29,747 Posts
I'm not seeing them, either. It's a shame, I between the voting and COVID thread, i often checked people's locations relative to how they were describing things going on around them. It would be nice to have that back consistently.
I'm not seeing locations and a lot of people have no vehicles displayed anymore. What is happening?

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
I'm not seeing locations and a lot of people have no vehicles displayed anymore. What is happening?
you have to click on the user's pic or name to view their profile, which has the location.

locations aren't listed, but you get a nice little flag. I kinda miss that, since I had COVID-19 Ground Zero for mine. and the cars field probably wasn't matched on the migration. Besides, hardly anyone updates those.

·
Registered
23,445 Posts
you have to click on the user's pic or name to view their profile, which has the location.

and the cars field probably wasn't matched on the migration. Besides, hardly anyone updates those.
Weird, in the privacy settings, you can enable your location for members only, but it doesn't appear to display unless, as mentioned, you check the profile. I do miss having that part more visible. The vehicle details is the same, with viewing options in the Privacy tab of your profile and account information, but the field for me was empty, like the details were lost in the migration.

·
You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can
6,644 Posts
By the time I get home, I'll need a vacation from my vacation.

All is well in south central M*******. The drivers are still a bit to manic for me.

Alive and mostly content.

:cool:

·
Registered
CarTruck, Wagon
10,744 Posts
Crazy renter lady update...

she went full ballistic after reading my simple letter saying please stop trimming our landscaping, here is copy of my survey, please stop removing the stake flags, and here is the mark on the sidewalk with a picture. scared the **** out of my autistic kids by pounding on the door like a crack addict. Left a nutty response written on my letter and tape it to my door. Started yelling at my wife saying how un-neighborly and i should have come over to talk in person (wtf covid). Lied about having her own survey done and how she would never pound on our door (our kids scared, they watched her). ugh. On top of that, whole reason I'm getting a fence is my kids refuse to the use the backyard anymore since they never leash their little aggressive dogs and **** all over my hard (two hoa no nos, which i've complained about previously)

good times.

227801 - 227820 of 232499 Posts