VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

227881 - 227900 of 230457 Posts

·
Registered
82,866 Posts
Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (MXC) in on Amazon Video now. I love that show.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,242 Posts

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,242 Posts
How many of you dorks do regular resets on your phones? On a regular basis, or just when needed?
I restart my phone about once a week. And please stop calling me a dork.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,242 Posts
My grandfather in this photo passed about fourteen years ago, and my grandmother two, and my mother in 2013. I am not a religious person but I hope in some way they are doing this type of thing all together again (y) . Today would have been my mother's 68th birthday :).

Sorry about your losses Nat. To me, they look like great folks. Cheers man.

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Sorry for the quote storm, but I've been away from the laptop the last couple days. Just a lot of little things going on - got a lot of smaller odds and ends projects done around the house. That's our plan for winter - try and get all those little things done.

Wife made cinnamon rolls for breakfast yesterday, and her parents joined us because we wanted to surprise them with our older son having come home from college 10 days earlier than planned.

Thanksgiving dinner was just the four of us. My younger son hates turkey, so we did filet mignon (big splurge) at his request, twice baked potato, and mac and cheese. Honestly one of the best meals ever. Just weird to have a quiet house when we normally have about 25 here.

My mother and sister came down to visit, because it's easier to social distance outside here than in NYC. Had a solid meal with them, and a few hours around a hot fire just catching up.

And KidL found a Christmas radio station. We have ongoing negotiations on how long we listen each day. I can't take that stuff every day for the next month or so. Nope, sorry, honey, daddy has limits to his patience. :D
Once upon a time, before we were married, my wife and I were stuck in an airport for 14 hours around the holidays. They had a 45 minute loop of Christmas music playing over the PA system. That was the worst....

Crazy renter lady update...

she went full ballistic after reading my simple letter saying please stop trimming our landscaping, here is copy of my survey, please stop removing the stake flags, and here is the mark on the sidewalk with a picture. scared the ** out of my autistic kids by pounding on the door like a crack addict. Left a nutty response written on my letter and tape it to my door. Started yelling at my wife saying how un-neighborly and i should have come over to talk in person (wtf covid). Lied about having her own survey done and how she would never pound on our door (our kids scared, they watched her). ugh. On top of that, whole reason I'm getting a fence is my kids refuse to the use the backyard anymore since they never leash their little aggressive dogs and ** all over my hard (two hoa no nos, which i've complained about previously)

good times.
I hate most renters - they do weird **** like this, and they have no skin in the game since they don't own the house. Fence in this case, unfortunately, sounds like the answer. Plus maybe a call to the landlord...

I mean it’s tough for everyone financially, but health should be a greater concern. Don’t complain, just adapt.
Mrs. 2oh had to get a covid test yesterday. She had possible contact w/ 2 people at work w/ covid. One person wasn’t wearing a mask and in my wife’s office. Four days later Mrs. 2oh was showing symptoms. The text results will only take 3 days. I feel sick too, the same symptoms. I am waiting on her results before I get tested. And I am perfectly fine taking unpaid time off to make sure I don’t give it to my coworkers. It’s really hurts financially but I don’t want to spread this virus.
The thing that really sucks about my wife is she had asked if she could work virtually because of the babies. The high school she works at is virtual. A combo of covid reasons and bussing issues for a very large school district. Anyway there are only teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, and therapists in the building. Her boss denied it. So here she is possibly infected w/ infants. I am a high risk too w/ afib and asthma. I’m very worried for the whole family
Woof. Steve, that sucks. I hope you guys are okay/negative. Keep us posted - definitely too many things going on for you guys to get sick with this isht.

It's money and technicalities.

Both treatments are approved for "standard" colitis variants and Crohn's, so if I had ulcerative colitis I'd be done and approved almost a month ago and starting treatment next week.

But no, I have checkpoint inhibitor colitis, which is relatively new and doesn't have "officially approved" treatment plans. There are the studies of treatment options, and there is data showing that it responds well to the usual biologic treatments, but some of those studies show that the cheap treatments reduce the effectiveness of other methods if applied first.

So the insurance company is calling all of this experimental and basically saying "go cheap or get denied."

I ****ing hate that someone's profits have an equal say with my ability to actually do things. I ****ing hate this system.
The system sucks, and there's seemingly no willingness to really make the changes that need to be made. Damn polticos.

Hopefully you find a good path...

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Last load of big items is unloaded and the rental truck is returned. Now to throw it all out.
Fixed.

1. Having COVID the second time is no better than the first.
  2. Moving while sick is no fun.
  3. Not being able to taste food on Thanksgiving is just as bad as 1 and 2 combined.
  4. Don't die out there.
Twice? Damn I didn't even know you'd had it once.

Be well yourself. We don't need you (or anyone else here) ded.

TIL Japan is only 26.5mi (43km) from Russia!
Cape Sōya to Cape Crillon.
Huh.
They should start a marathon....

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
39,866 Posts
How many of you dorks do regular resets on your phones? On a regular basis, or just when needed?

After watching Mrs. DonL fight with her old phone last night, I spent most of the morning backing up and resetting my phone. It previously updated from Android 10 to 11, and there was some lagging, some flakiness, and I'm sure a lot of bloat and unneeded crap built up over the last almost year. Fresh 11 install, got to ditch unused apps, and I kinda forgot how nice a fresh phone runs, and the battery life seems better, too.
As an iPhone user I rarely reset it, but it starts acting a bit odd when a new update comes out but it never really crashes or anything.

·
Registered
23,243 Posts
I once famously paid an extra $300 for a direct flight just to avoid a layover in Ohio.
You flew over NK so you wouldn't have a layover in OH? I'd probably flip a coin myself, depending on the layover, but I don't blame you. :LOL:

Last assessment showed her IQ is fine, she just needs to get the train on the tracks. Like I showed her 3 ways to add tens and ones including abacus methods and once it caught she knocked problems out in seconds. Just infuriates me trying to get there.
Abacus? Damn, I never thought about that. I wonder if that's something that KidL could mess around with and get the hang of it. As it is, I showed her how to use a calculator the other day, and you could see her eyes widen when she saw that she could have help. Her ASD teacher's been talking about adding that as a learning or adaptive aid to help her get her head around math. If it helps, I'd be all for it. Abacus, though. That's an awesome idea.

I restart my phone about once a week. And please stop calling me a dork.
Reset, not restart. Wipe it out, clean slate. I know a couple of people that do that every six months or so, or annually, just to start from scratch. Others, only when something goes tango uniform. The update from 10 to 11, from what I'd read, runs better when you reset it with the new OS. Some apps are said to be clunkier or laggy when you load an update on top of the old OS. I dunno, but I did find a few things that were cranky. I did find a couple things that Android 11 does that bugs me that I haven't found a workaround for yet.

·
You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can
6,361 Posts
It's been a fun trip but I'm looking forward to driving home on Sunday. I have been having a difficult time breathing up here and adjusting to a different area takes a long time. My nose does not like oil fired furnaces.

Stupid sinus problems.

·
Registered
82,866 Posts
I once famously paid an extra $300 for a direct flight just to avoid a layover in Ohio.
Every layover is another chance for a missed connection or luggage screw up. That's logical.

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Cape to Cape - it would need to be a swim... View attachment 52761
Drownings predictable.

It's been a fun trip but I'm looking forward to driving home on Sunday. I have been having a difficult time breathing up here and adjusting to a different area takes a long time. My nose does not like oil fired furnaces.

Stupid sinus problems.
Drive safe! Hopefully the return trip is as easy as the trip there.

A. Wilder got banned?
Wait, what? for what?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Time for my annual erection. I had the Festivus pole up before the wife got back with the tree. I don't know how amused she is but she at least tolerates it. (and me :p)

Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

·
Registered
82,866 Posts
A. Wilder got banned?
Left wing trolls annoy me as much as right wing trolls.
But Booch is family.
(Booch16 is his PSN name)
-
Decided to look for a used tire for my truck this morning for the one with the RR spike through it, as the oem michelins are about worn out anyway (so I have a spare while I decide what wheel/tire path to go).
Nobody has anything close.
When the used tire market is that drained, that's a sign the economy sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
Question of the day - not sure where else to ask - anyone here have a cordless chainsaw they're happy with?

My other power tools are Milwaukee, but I'm not spending $500 on a chainsaw that will see mostly light duty work around the yard. I figure for the saw I can just use another brand/battery system.

227881 - 227900 of 230457 Posts