VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
341 - 360 of 398 Posts
And, since you are such a track-rat and concerned with tenths - you should petition VW for a SEAT Leon Cupra 280. From a roll will kill an R (MT or DSG) and the video here will show you that it is faster around a track, for less money and in a better body. You spent too much money. Unless you are racing from stoplight to stoplight, so you can go from a dig, and something tells me that is your real game.

And, since you are such a track-rat and concerned with tenths - you should petition VW for a SEAT Leon Cupra 280. From a roll will kill an R (MT or DSG) and the video here will show you that it is faster around a track, for less money and in a better body. You spent too much money. Unless you are racing from stoplight to stoplight, so you can go from a dig, and something tells me that is your real game.

Absolutely. The Cupra 280 is a great car, and considerably lighter than an R. But it's FWD.... (Also, that R was on crap tires, assuming it was an equivalent to the USA MY '15). Also, I'm not a track rat, and I don't have any real interest in track driving (aside from having done it once or twice in my STI).

Anyway, remember the DSG is changing gears faster than a blink of an eye each and every time. You don't need to be slamming gears to do it. It happens whether you're having a conversation with your mother or whether you're being racecar driver. I just love that.

I will admit that it's easier to drink coffee in a DSG equipped car. I like coffee. I should have bought a DSG.
THERE YOU GO! :D

Absolutely. The Cupra 280 is a great car, and considerably lighter than an R. But it's FWD.... (Also, that R was on crap tires, assuming it was an equivalent to the USA MY '15). Also, I'm not a track rat, and I don't have any real interest in track driving (aside from having done it once or twice in my STI).

Anyway, remember the DSG is changing gears faster than a blink of an eye each and every time. You don't need to be slamming gears to do it. It happens whether you're having a conversation with your mother or whether you're being racecar driver. I just love that.

THERE YOU GO! :D
So the R is the RIGHT car because it wins stoplight-stoplight races. Got it.

I guess we should all just ignore the fact that your mom didn't want you to get the manual because you aren't that good at driving it, and it might distract you. She thinks the shifts are 'nifty' when she drives you to the mall.

j

So the R is the RIGHT car because it wins stoplight-stoplight races. Got it.

I guess we should all just ignore the fact that your mom didn't want you to get the manual because you aren't that good at driving it, and it might distract you. She thinks the shifts are 'nifty' when she drives you to the mall.

j
Good grief. Yes, that's it. It's all about the stoplight races (just like I said), and my mother didn't want me to get the manual. Congratulations for figuring it out.

Good grief. Yes, that's it. It's all about the stoplight races (just like I said), and my mother didn't want me to get the manual. Congratulations for figuring it out.
No, no, I get it: bros gonna bro. Easier to waive at hotties without having to mess with the shifter and that pesky clutch pedal.

j

Lolz. Back in the days when I had my 2003 WRX (a 5MT, *gasp!*), I'd run into a lot of SRT-4s. They were fast.
Yeah, but the automatic held up better. 03 WRX had a garbage manual transmission that held zero more power and would shred gears. No wonder you hate manual transmissions.

j

Yeah, but the automatic held up better. 03 WRX had a garbage manual transmission that held zero more power and would shred gears. No wonder you hate manual transmissions.

j

Hey, don't diss the MT! :D I drove my WRX for 7 years, put 100k on it and never had a single transmission issue of any sort. No clutch replacement, either. And my STI after had no transmission issues either, Stage 2 for 6 years. :)

Who said I hate manual transmissions? I love manuals. :confused:

DSG Buyer's Remorse

j
Hey, don't diss the MT! :D I drove my WRX for 7 years, put 100k on it and never had a single transmission issue of any sort. No clutch replacement, either. And my STI after had no transmission issues either, Stage 2 for 6 years. :)

Who said I hate manual transmissions? I love manuals. :confused:
Hey spjoneSi,

You have to understand WilliamG and where he came from :rolleyes:. He had manual transmissions all his life ....Until he bought a DSG Golf R. He still has buyer's remorse that he didn't get a 6-speed manual shift Golf R. So he, WilliamG, has to go ut of his way and overboard to laud how great the DSG is over the 6-speed he really wished he had gotten. :cool:

I Shift, MidCow3

This thread keeps getting locked... and unlocked... and locked... and now it's unlocked again... :laugh:
Anyways, who needs DSG when you can shift this fast?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsX8PHjKVk/?taken-by=themarkomilosevic

Turn on your sound for ultra turbo goodness presented by Borla (catback) and Neuspeed (intake)
Quality isn't the best due to Instagram compression... but still decent.

Discussion starter · #356 ·
I lock it when certain users can't stop themselves from posting the same crap over and over again.

It's all very zen. :beer:

So what legitimate features are lost by going 6MT vs DSG? One that comes to mind would be the ability to auto creep in traffic using the radar cruise. Is there anything else that would be lost by going 6MT? Not worried about "performance, shifting quicker than God, etc., honest features.

Discussion starter · #360 ·
So what legitimate features are lost by going 6MT vs DSG? One that comes to mind would be the ability to auto creep in traffic using the radar cruise. Is there anything else that would be lost by going 6MT? Not worried about "performance, shifting quicker than God, etc., honest features.
Autohold works with the 6MT, but it seems more integrated with the DSG because you only have to use the pedals.

341 - 360 of 398 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.