VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching this HBO miniseries based on a Stephen King book? If you have read the book, please no spoilers.

I watched eps 1 and 2 last night and so far really like it. The show has a True Detective vibe to it, but also has a more supernatural feel since King is involved.

Any theories out there as to what is going on? After the first two eps I'm getting a possible shapeshifter/warewolf vibe, but I'm sure I am way off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah I'm in for the season. Was kinda surprised about all the info you learn about in just the first couple of episodes...the story must be about the investigation into the creepy mush-faced hoodie dude.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Anyone watching this HBO miniseries based on a Stephen King book? If you have read the book, please no spoilers.

I watched eps 1 and 2 last night and so far really like it. The show has a True Detective vibe to it, but also has a more supernatural feel since King is involved.

Any theories out there as to what is going on? After the first two eps I'm getting a possible shapeshifter/warewolf vibe, but I'm sure I am way off.
I’m DVR’ing the show.
I never read the book so I have no idea what to expect but I’m enjoying it so far.

·
Registered
21,158 Posts
Following.

Haven't started watching, but keep meaning to...one of these days

·
Registered
17,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The finale was intense. As a whole, I wish they would have condensed it down to a 5 episode mini-series. Some of the episodes were just too slow.

As for the final episode, I got a little lost at the end with who they ended up pinning the murders on. They showed the DA the video of El Cuco as "Claude", but it looked quite a bit like Claude at that point so I don't know how he could not be the primary suspect. Also, it is fairly obvious that El Cuco is not "dead", but I never saw him get close enough to Holly to scratch her and she didn't have a scratch when she was talking to Ralph. I was wondering if El Cuco maybe scratched Ralph and then Ralph scratched Holly when he was saying goodbye?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts