VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

221 - 240 of 710 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
First major event... the tone ring separated from the CPS and fell into the engine. Long story short, we're going to do a new RMS, IMS, clutch, flywheel, engine mounts, water pump, thermostat, accessory belt, etc. Needed new front pads and rotors too.

The result:

$5,241.43 (not including the IMS replacement, that was on the next invoice :laugh:)

Oy vey.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's a pretty rare GT3... would you mind sharing how much you paid? I rarely see them for sale and so far have been anywhere from $65k to $100k... I'm looking around for 996 turbo but I really like the rarity of the gt3.
I don't think you're able to touch a 997.1 GT3 RS for 100k unless they're seriously beat up. I thought those things are around 150k+ depending on the condition/mileage.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Did they sell the 996TT in colors other than silver? Because they're all silver.
That's why I bought black :)

When it comes to exterior colors on these cars, it's a matter of how long you are willing to wait, how wide an area you are open to looking in, and how flexible you are on other parameters.

The cars are out there though, guy on rennlist just picked up a gorgeous Arena Red (kind of a burgundy dark red, Porsche used a 993TT in this color in some of their press materials) 996TT w/ X50 and OEM GT2 Front Bumper + Rear Decklid. Not sure what he paid or how long he had been looking. On the flip side of cool color, it has gray interior and 75k miles.

If you want something different, be patient and depending on what you want be prepared to pay more.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I don't think you're able to touch a 997.1 GT3 RS for 100k unless they're seriously beat up. I thought those things are around 150k+ depending on the condition/mileage.
That car is a 996.2 GT3, not a 997.1 GT3RS. Well I guess the poster has both, but the way I read it, the question is about the 996.2 GT3.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
the 996.2 GT3 is my current realistic dream car, supplanting the NSX since driving 996/986s for a few years. What's the going rate on a "driver" 996 GT3?

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
First major event... the tone ring separated from the CPS and fell into the engine. Long story short, we're going to do a new RMS, IMS, clutch, flywheel, engine mounts, water pump, thermostat, accessory belt, etc. Needed new front pads and rotors too.

The result:

$5,241.43 (not including the IMS replacement, that was on the next invoice :laugh:)

Oy vey.
good thing you saved 89 bucks :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,462 Posts
the 996.2 GT3 is my current realistic dream car, supplanting the NSX since driving 996/986s for a few years. What's the going rate on a "driver" 996 GT3?
$60-65K at this time. High mile track cars can be had below 50... but unless you are really good at turning wrenches and know these cars inside and out and are not bothered by fixing some possible can of worms issues, these ones are not that advisable for purchase.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Did they sell the 996TT in colors other than silver? Because they're all silver.
Hah, it sure does seem that way, doesn't it?

I told myself I would NOT get a silver one. Almost had a slate grey in Atlanta before landing on my black one. I lusted over white to be honest. Love white cars. My R32 and FR-S were both white.

Little 2 day project, corrected the paint on the turbo. It was jacked from PO. Rock chips aplenty but got a lot of defects and swirls out. My front bumper is toast, I've accepted that much. lol. More pics when the sun comes back out.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Test drove this today

untitled-0031 by John Gallup, on Flickr

Best shot I could get of the interior color

untitled-0019 by John Gallup, on Flickr

35k miles, was in really good shape. The stickers and lamin-x on the headlights would come off immediately of course. The wheels I can live with. Wood trim interior was the only real "downside". Gonna give it some real though.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Was is tan-tan? Because my 03 996 had "Savannah beige" interior that was a pretty mustardy tan. Not beige at all.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That yellow 996 with the baby puke color interior.....^^^

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW........................

Let me reiterate that .... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW........................

who the f*ck picked that color combo? a Blind person???

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Was is tan-tan? Because my 03 996 had "Savannah beige" interior that was a pretty mustardy tan. Not beige at all.
Yeah, they have savannah beige and natural brown. The yellow car looks like it has natural brown but hard to tell in pictures sometimes.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Test drove this today

untitled-0031 by John Gallup, on Flickr

Best shot I could get of the interior color

untitled-0019 by John Gallup, on Flickr

35k miles, was in really good shape. The stickers and lamin-x on the headlights would come off immediately of course. The wheels I can live with. Wood trim interior was the only real "downside". Gonna give it some real though.
Ew

·
Registered
928 Posts
You can find the 'driver' cars in the 60's but they are rapidly increasing. A lot of guys on rennlist are moving from their track 996 Gt3's on to 997 Gt3's (which are flooding the market because their owner's are moving up to 991).

221 - 240 of 710 Posts