VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I find myself in a weird place with automotive shows. Automotive themed shows on regular TV are not that interesting to me and there are so many clickbait car themed videos on YouTube so I was hoping we could have a thread showcasing the quality automotive videos on YouTube. Here are a few I've enjoyed. Yes they're Porshce themed but I blame the algorithms.

The idea is to keep the clickbait out. Let's see cool films, vintage stuff, videos with a story.

I'm becoming very fond of proper storytelling and videography regardless of the car brand.

·
Registered
The car so nice I bought it twice
2,037 Posts
There's been a few of these threads but whatever we'll keep it current:

As far as build channels go, I really only watch Jimmy Oakes and TommyFYeah I think they both have pretty good taste and skip the usual YouTube BS

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just finished those videos today. Their road trip vids are pretty good. I've been trying to find more stuff like the two non-racing vids in my OP lately. They're so well put together.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Came to mention all the new Hagerty channels. I also like the Magnus Walker segments.
I like listening to Magnus talk and have seen a lot of his videos. 👍

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is a great one about Stirling Moss and disc brakes.

Reactions: ADDvanced

·
Premium Member
'21 Tacoma TRD-Offroad – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
41,374 Posts
I like listening to Magnus talk and have seen a lot of his videos. 👍
I have a friend from Boston who sounds JUST like Magnus, but Boston accent instead of British Accent. It's so similar that it's trippy. :D

Ronald Finger / Fingerprints Workshop:
Fiero Restoration Playlist
Yes, that whole series is great, Highly recommend.

------------

I love the AMMO NYC detailing videos. Start with this one.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've always enjoyed Harry's Garage. It's a real world guy whose only reason for being in the car journalism world was his passion for cars. Nothing more. He made a ton of money in good business deals, started a magazine(EVO) with some friends. Did that for a number of years then went back to his background. Farming, with a side of car journalism through a YT channel. Very fun to watch. It has also gotten me to watch his farming channel, but also introduced Tyrrell's Classic Workshop which is also a great channel if you like a more technical look at things.

Harry's garage - YouTube

Tyrrell's Classic Workshop - YouTube

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I watched this one last night and then a local rally organizer posted the article this morning on a rally Facebook group I'm a part of. I wish the article has more content but it's pretty cool to see these vehicles being returned to their former glory.

Gene Henderson is mentioned in the above video and I recalled hearing his name before in a 1990 Alcan 5000 video. He won the 90 Alcan in a brand new Subaru wagon. Pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts