VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like that a lot! 2Bennetts quoted me just for a new front bumper and all the accessories for $2800. I know what you mean by finding a deal. Yikes. On the rear they have a way to shorten it similar to what you did. Haven't figured out how to do it yet but I'm going to look into it. Looks good.

Brrr... Snow. It's 84° here today. Happy Thanksgiving Sepp. Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very cool. They are expensive...but they're good. Got a whole tour of their facility of their last month. Pretty amazing actually. They provided a whole lot of insight. Not nearly as much though as being on forums like this. Thanks again for all your help. I truly appreciate it. Back to work on the car: shift linkage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please do share and thank you. It was a little difficult to put the bumper back on as the shocks wanted to twist on me but I solved that with some ******* ingenuity, screwdrivers, and the car jack itself.

First, install the bumper and push it in as far as possible. Then place 2 small screwdrivers in the passenger side holes. Use your knees to lift up the bumper and place the screwdriver in the holes.

Once the screwdrivers are set move to the drivers side. Make sure the bumper is aligned horizontally before moving forward. Your pinky finger is a good tool to measure each side.

Next, get the car jack and place it in between the two holes and jack it up to get the Allen bolts into place. Tighten bolts just enough to hold it in place and lower jack.

Lastly, move to the passenger side, use jack to lift up bumper, install bolts, check alignment, and torque down all the bolts. Boom! You just shaved +1.5" off your bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.