VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Rabbit gets more luggage space...

1K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  bahn burner 
#1 ·
Finally got around to digging the '75 out of the depths of my backyard. Got the roof rack taken apart and media blasted. Next it was off to VR6swap's for the powdercoating. Here are the results. Wish the car looked as good...but it will soon. She's headed for the soda blaster very soon. Stay tuned!

See less See more
#6 ·
Re: The Rabbit gets more luggage space... (jetta8v)

Quote, originally posted by jetta8v »

care to elaborate???

If you would please, turn your Type 17 History Book to page 117. The 1975 was the first official year of the Rabbit in the United States. During this one year period these small taillight cars were equiped with a slanted line that ran towards the license plate area, thus known on the Vortex as the "Swallow tailed" Rabbit.
In other parts of the world where the Golf was introduced in 1974, they too had Swallow tails. In 1976, the Swallow tail was extinct in most if not all parts of the world. A few rare such examples still exist to this day.
This concludes our history lesson for today.

Non Swallow Tail 1976 Rabbit (RIP)

Nice Swallow Tail 1974/5 Golf

Modified by Vedubauman at 3:13 PM 6-30-2003

#7 ·
Re: The Rabbit gets more luggage space... (Vedubauman)

A few weeks ago somebody posted some pics they took of some Mk1s in a junkyard, there were like 3 or 4 swallow-tail Rabbits there

#8 ·
Re: The Rabbit gets more luggage space... (03kpa)

Quote, originally posted by 03kpa »
A few weeks ago somebody posted some pics they took of some Mk1s in a junkyard, there were like 3 or 4 swallow-tail Rabbits there

It was sad!

#9 ·

steve,
if that bunny comes out half as clean as your caddy, then you'll make atlanta a much better place to live. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
just keep small children away from glen's ovens

take care,
nash

#11 ·

Quote, originally posted by Vedubauman »

If you would please, turn your Type 17 History Book to page 117. The 1975 was the first official year of the Rabbit in the United States. During this one year period these small taillight cars were equiped with a slanted line that ran towards the license plate area, thus known on the Vortex as the "Swallow tailed" Rabbit.

Now tell them about the hood. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#14 ·
Re: (GoFastChickenwing)

Quote, originally posted by GoFastChickenwing »
you have the stock bumpers off that 75?

I no longer have them. They were pretty beat. I have a mint set to replace them.
I wish I knew how many '75's were available in the US when new...better question is, how many are left.

Modified by Vedubauman at 11:40 AM 7-1-2003

#15 ·
Re: The Rabbit gets more luggage space... (fwdvw)

Quote, originally posted by fwdvw »

Now tell them about the hood. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

74 and 75 all had 75 VINS over here, so both years where swallow tails.
The UK as well started in 75. (Except for some private LHD imports)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.