VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics for all to enjoy.... yes, I know I need to redye the trim..will be doing that soon

Free front seats, $40.oo back seat from Waterfest '06

My FAST likes the Windows Down!

The TearDrops are gonna be Polished this coming winter and put on next spring...'till then, steelies with Hubcaps

When I first got her, back in Feb. 2006

· Registered
8,418 Posts
Re: The Red Dragon (eurojolf)

Quote, originally posted by eurojolf »
red dragon? sounds like a civics car name. lose the name keep the car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

reminds me of this...

"funny, the name on the back said the red dragon..."
"red dragon? i must've got on the wrong yacht...no wonder my keys didn't work!"

· Registered
2,764 Posts
Re: The Red Dragon (YourHondaIsPoop)

Quote, originally posted by YourHondaIsPoop »
whatupp essex junction? mom grew up in chittendon/rutland.. for thr dudes not gettin the red dragon name, it's from old school..... will ferell's iroc. (not exactly "STREET LEGAL")

I thought it was a fire chicken

· Registered
1,095 Posts
Re: The Red Dragon (HardIce2447)

Quote, originally posted by HardIce2447 »
I know I need to redye the trim..will be doing that soon

Dont redye it....hit it with a heat gun it works great and last longer.
Here is mine I did only half. This is after one pass. I might make mutiple passes.

Modified by LatinDubber at 8:08 AM 8-18-2006

· Registered
1,955 Posts
Re: The Red Dragon (LatinDubber)

Quote, originally posted by LatinDubber »

Dont redye it....hit it with a heat gun it works great and last longer.
Here is mine I did only half. This is after one pass. I might make mutiple passes.

Werd. I have never seen a redyed trim, can't imagine it would look too great, or should I say better then the stock black. Couldn't you use a compound like back to black? I have never heard of anyone using a heat gun. Looks good though. I really need to do it on my car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: The Red Dragon (jettaowner718)

Quote, originally posted by jettaowner718 »
where u get that "fast" from

Waterfest 2006, at the VW booth
Quote, originally posted by Tri-Lit »

Werd. I have never seen a redyed trim, can't imagine it would look too great, or should I say better then the stock black. Couldn't you use a compound like back to black? I have never heard of anyone using a heat gun. Looks good though. I really need to do it on my car. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That is what I have, just need to tape off the trim and do a better job at it.

Quote, originally posted by EighT6VeeDub »
Just loosen up the restrictor plate to give a little more juice

It is called the Red Dragon because I like the movie OldSchool, and that name sounds cooler then Golf GL...sounds like it has alot of power
Yes, it will be lowered and riding on the Polished Tears in the springtime...'till then, too bad

I do want to pop off the Hubcaps and see how the steelies look, haven't done that yet.
The exhaust just fell down the other day, 1 hanger rusted off, no just hangs on the rear beam...got to fix that up asap

· Registered
427 Posts
Re: The Red Dragon (HardIce2447)

whats up casey. thanks for taking care of my car. looks like its getting some needed improvements. wish i had kept it sometimes. ill have to keep up with the project, make sure you post.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.