VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
90,049 Posts
Re: The Rpoclypse has come.... (w00ht)

I don't mind that everyone is selling their R because soon I will be one of the only original owners.
The only way I will ever get rid of mine is if it is stolen or totaled.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: The Rpoclypse has come.... (PSU)

Quote, originally posted by PSU »

Thats easy to say, but far more difficult in practice. Good luck with it.

· Registered
2,484 Posts

I don't mind that everyone is selling their R because soon I will be one of the only original owners.

I'll drink to that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I still have things the R and I have to do and miles to enjoy.

· Registered
90,049 Posts
Re: The Rpoclypse has come.... (w00ht)

Quote, originally posted by w00ht »

Thats easy to say, but far more difficult in practice. Good luck with it.

I'm pretty sure it's easy.
I've had my 1993 Mustang Cobra since 1993 and my used 1994 Honda since 2001.
I'm not one to buy and sell cars and never understood people who do.

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm not one to buy and sell cars and never understood people who do.

And I've always admired folks who could hold onto cars.

Lord knows I can't, maybe it's my ADD. I'm on a year average with new cars and 6-9 months on things under $6000 (MKII's etc).

· Registered
8,019 Posts
Re: The Rpoclypse has come.... (Uncle Wiggley)

Quote, originally posted by Uncle Wiggley »

I'll drink to that http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I still have things the R and I have to do and miles to enjoy.

Ditto... though I may be replacing the camry with a golf R. W00t. GTI, R32, Golf R. happiest garage ever.
GL with the sale!

· Registered
1,706 Posts
allot of people who build out a car seem to want to sell it at some point in the build. maybe there are problems or maybe they just like projects. all i know is that im keeping mine. one day i would like to pick up a mkiv r with a stg2 vf in black if possible. never sell a nice car just get another one.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Re: (dubnick32)

Sadly I saw this coming, Scott it was great talking to you the couple times that we did about the car. Best of luck in life and your future cars, lets keep in touch. With that being said my FT425 will be forsale here shortly...

· Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (willlangford)

Thanks Will.
Honestly though it isn't the car. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now and there is a large chance I may be relocating for work. The R wouldn't be able to get a smogged and none of those parts have a CARB certification. Plus there are four cars in my garage / driveway and the MKV is the only one I'm still making payments on.

· Registered
2,398 Posts
Re: (w00ht)

Thanks Will.
Honestly though it isn't the car. There are a lot of things going on in my life right now and there is a large chance I may be relocating for work. The R wouldn't be able to get a smogged and none of those parts have a CARB certification. Plus there are four cars in my garage / driveway and the MKV is the only one I'm still making payments on.

no smog tests in hawaii

· Registered
4,512 Posts
Re: (w00ht)

... The R wouldn't be able to get a smogged and none of those parts have a CARB certification. ...

Curious if you (or anybody) knows: can't get smogged *anywhere*, or just in Cali?
I'm curious if this would pass smog in the Seattle area. I have yet to smog my R (too new), but I thought step 1 was "connect machine to OBD2 port". If no codes, you pass.

· Registered
1,071 Posts
Re: (Mr_Peach)

Quote, originally posted by Mr_Peach »
I'm curious if this would pass smog in the Seattle area. I have yet to smog my R (too new), but I thought step 1 was "connect machine to OBD2 port". If no codes, you pass.

I don't know if they just look for no codes OR what it says for engine info.. As far as I know all HPA tunes are European software from HGP. At least that's what mine says under engine info with some jibberish.. that was also why I was told I lost cruise control with the kit. I live where we don't have smog in WA so I am safe... for now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.