VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Since my previous posts, working on the mechincal portions, I am also doing the cosmetic work. My 89' Fox had the D/S headlight bezel smashed into tiny pieces, and I am kicking myself as the D/S is nowehere to be seen. The P/S bezel is almost everywhere, so I have been looking into the following routes:

-Trying to find a junkyard bezel (no luck so far)
-Trying to replace the whole front with a Fox II setup (side markers, H4 headlights, with the new grille)
-Will the Fox II parts fit and what is the work involved to get them to fit (no one seems to know)
-Trying to replace the whole front with a BX setup from Brazilian parts (I have found plenty, but cannot find anyone thatll ship everything to USA)

Please let me know what you guys think to get around this headache of an issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys,

Since my previous posts, working on the mechincal portions, I am also doing the cosmetic work. My 89' Fox had the D/S headlight bezel smashed into tiny pieces, and I am kicking myself as the D/S is nowehere to be seen. The P/S bezel is almost everywhere, so I have been looking into the following routes:

-Trying to find a junkyard bezel (no luck so far)
-Trying to replace the whole front with a Fox II setup (side markers, H4 headlights, with the new grille)
-Will the Fox II parts fit and what is the work involved to get them to fit (no one seems to know)
-Trying to replace the whole front with a BX setup from Brazilian parts (I have found plenty, but cannot find anyone thatll ship everything to USA)

Please let me know what you guys think to get around this headache of an issue.
Driver,

I stumbled across my bezel on fleabay. They are rare but do turn up. I replaced my sealed beam headlights with Hella headlamps and H4's. They look and work great. I'd recommend you go to a VW dealers website, look up the part you want and use that p/n to search the web for availability.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts