VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I delivered pizzas to the faculty of a school where the kids were just let out for their last day of school, when I returned to my car, there was a crowd of 15-20 boys around my car telling my how much they loved the Scion Xb, and about how the xB was their dream car, etc, etc, etc.
When I originally walked up to my car, I though they were trying to steal stuff out of my car - little did I know my car was actually being mobbed!

Ya think the marketing is working?

G

·
Re: The Scion youth marketing is working (rbloedow)

Every Scion I see is driven by someone old enough to be my parent--and I'm a lot closer to 30 than most of y'alls.

·
Registered
30,340 Posts

The xB doesn't turn as many heads around here, but it's been on sale for a year now.
Nice wheels. What are they?

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

If they're selling more of these things to the youth, then price has a big part to play here. If I am to go out for a new car, with two jobs and college fees, I'd look for a cheap quality car. Toyota has priced these things right and alot of youth can afford to drive these things and they don't have to settle for Hyundai or Kia, although there's nothing wrong with them either.
But they are ugly to look at imho.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Dream car?

The Scion ads on the radio are some of the most ridiculous ads I've heard.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Re: The Scion youth marketing is working (bgluckman)

Quote, originally posted by bgluckman »
Every Scion I see is driven by someone old enough to be my parent--and I'm a lot closer to 30 than most of y'alls.

Ours is driven by my parents!
I (19) think it's pretty cool and my brother (17) likes it a lot. My sister (15) doesn't like it at all, though. I think it gets a lot of attention from people of all ages from what I've seen while driving it.
If I were out of college and looking to get a brand new car, it would definitely be on my short list. I'd probably get a base Mazda3 w/AC though, since it has more power and better handling, but the xB has better room and head-turning-ability, while the xA gets better gas mileage, so it's a toss up really.
-Andrew

·
Registered
481 Posts
Re: The Scion youth marketing is working (Lecale)

You have to give it to Toyota. They know how to sell cars. They research, research and find the best combo for their target audience at it virtually always pays off with the help of some creative marketing.
Not so keen my self but they done good.

·
Registered
11,304 Posts

i think its working... scion's are sick particularly the Xb and Tc

·
Registered
22,855 Posts

When I was in school, it was the old CRX and Golf GTI hot hatches that were the dream cars. Now they the Civic hatch and GTI are both bloated minivans.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Re: The Scion youth marketing is working (WReXinEFX)

I think the Xb is pretty cool actually. I stopped by the dealership to check one out. Liked pretty much the whole package. For me (6'10"), the room is clutch. However there was one issue, and I would not buy it due to this shortfall. NO CRUISE CONTROL! I spend way too much time on the freeway to be short CC. Otherwise... cool car!
Eric

·
Registered
4,137 Posts

i think it's working on most part, and only toyota could pull it off. price is the most impt factor i think. most young kids want cars like the wrx, gti, rsx, cars in the 20K+ pricepoint but not many of them can afford them (or have parents nice enough to spend so much).

·
Registered
9,186 Posts

Every Scion I see is driven by someone old enough to be my parent.

Same here, sometimes older.

·
Registered
18,889 Posts
the scions i have seen drawing attention are the done up onces....18s, sound systems, etc. The few plain ones i have seen just seem to blend in.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,925 Posts
Re: (KrazeeKorrado13)

I love the toaster!

·
Registered
2006 Lexus GS300, 2011 Nissan Leaf
36,950 Posts

The marketing from AARP.com they don't want you to see!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts